February 2013 Moms

Stomach Virus

So a few hours ago I realized I have the stomach virus that my husband has. On top of already going to the bathroom to pee, now I'm going to the bathroom constantly to have diarrhea....very painful.

I just picked up some vaseline for the bum and some gatorade to stay hydrated.

Any advice on what else I can do? Is it bad to have a stomach virus pregnant?

JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Stomach Virus

• I had a stomach virus all week last week and couldnt keep anything down and on top of it I have an infection. They gave me some meds for the infection and told me if I didn't get hydrated they would have to IV me. I just tried to be really good about drinking water or gatorade or anything, even if it came back up. I am feeling 100% better this week.

I have sympathy for you. It was horrible. I hope that you get to feeling better fast.

• I had a stomach virus early on...maybe 6 weeks in, and because it wasn't REALLY bad, they just said to let it run its course and gave me Zofran in case it got worse.  I was worried too, but my 10wk check up (my first with OB) went just wonderfully!  So LO made it through just fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG I'm dying over here!  I picked up something as well.  Diarrhea this morning and vomitting. Thankfully the diarrhea stopped but the puking has not stopped. Holy violent puking!  I went to work, dumb move, but had to leave...but not before having a total puke fest in front of my car in the parking lot! lol

I've got no advice to give and could really use some myself at this point!  Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am on the tail end of a stomach virus. SUCKS. my doc just said to drink plenty of fluids--gatorade and pedialyte--to help prevent dehydration. Hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"