November 2012 Moms

Glucose Test, Mine is a 2 hour?

I have read alot on here about other moms doing the 1 hour test, and I fianlly got the order for my glucose test, but it's called a 2 hour test. I drink the stuff and then have blood drawn after 2 hours not 1. Anyone else have this? Maybe it's new since alot of woman fail the 1 hour and have to go to 3 hour. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Re: Glucose Test, Mine is a 2 hour?

• I had a 2 hour GTT. They drew blood at the beginning, then after 1 hour, and after 2 hours. I'm not sure how the docs determine if you take a 1, 2, or 3 hour test.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got sent for my 1 hour today. If I fail this one, I come back for the 2 hour.

• Loading the player...
  • I had the 2 hour. At my ob clinic it is standard to do instead of the 1 hour. It just depends on the practices preference.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejullybean:
    I had a 2 hour GTT. They drew blood at the beginning, then after 1 hour, and after 2 hours. I'm not sure how the docs determine if you take a 1, 2, or 3 hour test.

This is what mine is scheduled to be as well. I asked why there were two blood draws (a lot of people have said they only have one) and they said that's just the standard test here. Fun fun!

image"">image"">imageimage

• With my previous pregnancies I only had the 1 hour. This time I'm seeing a new practice and they automatically do the 2 hour fasting test. Bummer for us! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks alot for all your imput. I feel better now. I have mine next Tuesday along with my follow up ultra sound on my placenta placement. Hope it moved up, I mean it only had 2/10 of a cm to move.
  • it varies by state/dr. I had a one hr and failed now i have to do a 3 hr
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers **TTC buddies with TheDeaton's!**
  • imagesabrescinderella:
    it varies by state/dr. I had a one hr and failed now i have to do a 3 hr

True. My first and only test was 2 hours (but the test actually takes close to 3). From what I understand, the test can be easily skewed by things you eat even a day or two before you start the fast and by things like low-carb diets. The two draws give a better representation of how your body is truly processing the glucose.  

BabyName Ticker
  • I go in for a 2 hour with fast test on Friday.  I was kinda of worried that my dr was worried and being cautious and not telling me.  But it sounds like that's not the case.  This makes me feel better :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had the one hour test with my son back in 2010 and this time my hospital has switched to a stanard 2 hour test instead which I have on Thursday the 9th.  Different hospitals and practices do different things.  I am not looking forward to fasting this time though as I didn't have to do that last time.
  • I just had my 1 hour GTT on Thurssday.  Waiting for the results from the docotr.  If I fail, I then have to tke the 3 hour test.  Hoping I pass.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"