November 2012 Moms

Maternity Leave

Has anyone started arranging maternity leave yet? My office manager just keeps telling me that I can't do the forms more than 30 days ahead of time, and I can't get a hold of human resources.

However, my husband's work has already given him the FMLA paperwork, that has already been returned from the MD and he has already been approved for the time, the only other info they need from him is the delivery date!

I feel like there must be some sort of standard here, I mean I feel like I'm running out of time to get this stuff arranged.

Re: Maternity Leave

• Our short term disability was outlined in our handbook so I knew what I was getting from the beginning. The only thing I needed to do was give the forms to my OB who completed them the day of my delivery & sent them to our insurance carrier. My supervisor didn't have  clue though so I would keep trying with your HR department until you get some solid answers.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've already given HR a heads up, and discussed with my boss, my directors, and anyone else who will be affected by my absence.  I want a smooth transition and I don't want any phone calls while with my baby.  I haven't done any official paperwork, but I'll probably check in with HR in early November to see what they need from me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can complete my leave request as early as 45 days in advance.  I wanted to go ahead and get it into process early as well, but they have much more experience in this than I do so I trust if they tell me 45 days is sufficent that it will be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"