January 2013 Moms

Ahh headaches!!

I've had a headache for 2 days and I really don't want to take anything if I don't have to. Anyone have any secrets to help these!?!?!
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ahh headaches!!

• I hate them. I have a doula friend who recommended Arnica Montana - you can find it in Sunflower Market or Whole Foods. It's homeopathic, but Tylenol doesn't help me - and this helps more than Tylenol does, and it's natural.
    Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do have to say the drinking water does usually help me and if I know I've had enough water then I try a little caffine.  For me laying down in a dark room with an ice pack works wonders, though not always easy to do when they hit at work :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I get them almost every afternoon and I used not to take anything and then I gave in and started taking Tylenol and I feel sooo much better. They are completely safe to take if you follow the directions. Some people drink a Coke and that makes them feel better.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I have been suffering from them regularly.  My OB told me to take the Tylenol because it is better for baby than for me to get more ill with the headache and take nothing.  So when it is at its worst I take the Tylenol.  She also told me to have a little caffeine and see if it helps and it does (I was a daily coffee drinker and stopped when I got my BFP).  The most important thing that helps the most is staying well hydrated - drinking ice cold water is most helpful to me.

Hope you feel better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • My nurse practitioner recommended magnesium supplements, I tried magnesium oxide and it worked but it had...um...laxative effects. I'm going to try a different form of magnesium. 

I've also been following a high protein diet--not religiously but I have an early sign of what could become hypertension (arterial notching). While I was reading about possible ways to prevent hypertension I read a lot of anecdotal stories about women who were exhausted/had headaches that were resolved by the Brewer Diet, so I've been doing that progressively for 4-5 days. I do feel much more energetic. 

imageimage
  • kac22kac22 member

As PP said, try having a little caffeine that usually helps a little. 

If you're not drinking any caffeine then lay down, put your feet above your head and put a cold, wet cloth on your head.  

image image
    DD#1 12.26.12 | DD#2 EDD: 5.4.15
  • Tylenol and a little iced tea have helped me. I have suffered from migraines for years before getting pregnant and I really miss my hardcore pain killers lol! For the past three weeks I've had really awful headaches in the afternoons. If the Tylenol and caffeine haven't done the trick I also try laying down with a cold compress over my eyes. That does wonders! Hope they go away soon, for all of us.

• I posted my answer in the exact same thread topic found here: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/67730368/ShowThread.aspx#67730368

You can find many other responses here as well. I recommend taking a look around before you post an identical thread to one posted earlier in the day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"