Pregnant after IF
Options

Vitamin question

Today I met with the RE and he asked how I've been feeling so I told him I was having a decent amount of nausea but haven't thrown up. He told me to get folic acid supplements and take those instead of my prenatal vitamin for the time being. Has anyone else done this? I really don't think it will help because I feel sick as soon as I wake up and I don't take my vitamin until later. Plus, I haven't been eating the greatest so I feel like my little one needs all the extra vitamins it can get.

I'm thinking I will stick with the prenatals but was just wondering if anyone else did this?

Re: Vitamin question

• Options
    I didn't, but I have heard that as an option. You can also try taking it at night...may make a difference, even though you don't feel like it will. I was always reassured in 1st tri that regardless of what I ate, my LO was getting what she needed, it was me suffering. Even when I was living of saltines and gatorade,so don't worry about your LO!
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options
    I take both, but I do it after dinner or before bed so that if it makes me feel off, I'm asleep and I miss it. My diet isn't great at the moment and I have never been able to consistently eat veggies, so I take them faithfully.
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My RE gave me an RX for Neevo DHA prenatals (plus I take an additional 3mg of folic acid).  They are blue in color and huge in size but they have not made me sick (I also take them at bedtime).  I had my first OB appt today and he asked what I was taking and told me to stay on them because it's one of the best prenatals out there and he even had his wife take it with their last pregnancy.

He also said it was ok to take 50mg of vitamin B6 plus 1/2 a Unisom (OTC sleeping aid) every 4-6 hours for nausea.

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
  • Options
    imagewinofairy:

My RE gave me an RX for Neevo DHA prenatals (plus I take an additional 3mg of folic acid).  They are blue in color and huge in size but they have not made me sick (I also take them at bedtime).  I had my first OB appt today and he asked what I was taking and told me to stay on them because it's one of the best prenatals out there and he even had his wife take it with their last pregnancy.

He also said it was ok to take 50mg of vitamin B6 plus 1/2 a Unisom (OTC sleeping aid) every 4-6 hours for nausea.

I've been doing this, the nurse at the RE suggested it at my last u/s. Its been working really well. The only problem is that it has been knocking me out! I can only take it before bed. Its so funny, before pregnancy Unisom did nothing for me and now a half tab knocks me out. 

• Options
    kaf7kaf7 member
    I've been on Preg Vit since we attempted IVF. It has 2 pills - a morning one with the iron in it and most of the vitamins and then a night one that has 5mg folate and Ca, Vit D, and one of the B vitamins. During the IVF I was super nauseated by the a.m. one and constipated so they said I could stop it. I've just continued on the p.m. folate one and when I double checked at my u/s visit 2 weeks ago my RE said that for women in developed nations eating a relatively balanced diet, the only important thing is the folate unless you're anemic and then you should also have some iron. SO I can just carry on with the folate and you probably can too. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"