Toddlers: 24 Months+

moms of 2+ rec your diaper bag

I have a Skip Hop messenger bag and it's just not big enough. Between two sizes of diapers, wipes, a change of clothes for both, snacks, toys, toddler silverware, and bottles/ice packs, I can never find anything and I feel like I'm out if space. What do you use that you love? Bonus for something that's easy to wear while baby wearing.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: moms of 2+ rec your diaper bag

• I use my Vera Bradley diaper bag mainly now for our daughter.  And I have a Pottery Barn Kids tote with my son's name on it that I am using more as his diaper bag/other things that he uses.  If I have both kids, then I carry both bags.   
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I love my Timi & Leslie Hannah bag.  It's very roomy and easy to carry.  I tend to be an overpacker and this fits everything and doesn't feel super heavy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Petunia pickle bottom boxy backpack. Backpack anything is key for me.
  • I have a JuJuBe Be Prepared. I highly recommend it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have the skip hop double. It is the only one that fits With a sidee by side stroller handlebar too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have the Skip Hop Duo.  It is enough for us.  I just carry diapers, wipes, bottle, sippy cup, formula container and a few toys.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • imagesapgirl76:
    I have a Skip Hop messenger bag and it's just not big enough. Between two sizes of diapers, wipes, a change of clothes for both, snacks, toys, toddler silverware, and bottles/ice packs, I can never find anything and I feel like I'm out if space. What do you use that you love? Bonus for something that's easy to wear while baby wearing.

I can't think of anything that would be good with babywearing.  Wearing a baby and a huge bag at the same time seems totally pointless.  My diaper bag advice usually remains the same regardless of how many kids you are hauling too: pack your bag full... and leave it in the damn car!  I usually put everything into seperated ziplocs, and so if I need a diaper I just pull out that ziploc with a few dipes, wipes, and cream etc.  Also, for multiple sizes of diapers you really only need max two of each size (unless you are going somewhere over night), and to be honest I really only change bums when we're out and about when they are newborns and there is almost always a poo.  So, your other kids will most likely not need bum changes at all on short trips.  Also, try packing a smaller cooler bag for meal stuff if you are out to a restaurant or on the road, because again you don't need to go through a packed diaper bag to find food.  It is an extra bag, but one you only need to bring with you when the event arises.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have just a regular backpack that you buy in the back to school section. So far its working out great.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I alternate between my VB baby bag (the older style) and the regular-sized Thirty One tote.  One thing I've learned as a STM is how little you really need in a diaper bag.  (Though I do keep a few things in my car, too...)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"