November 2012 Moms

xp: easy wrap for short/petite frame

Still researching babywear...so many options! 

I just don't know if I would like the moby or any other wrap with just one long piece of fabric. No matter how many demos I watch, the wraps like that still intimidate me. But I still want the snuggliness of a wrap for a newborn.

So I am looking for something more along the lines of a k'tan. According to the k'tan sizing on their website, I would be an xs. However, I see some complaints online that k'tan runs a bit large and to get a size smaller than what you would think you'd need...with xs being their smallest size, I don't have another option if that doesn't fit snug on me.

Wondering if anyone can let me know how they liked their k'tan and how well it fit / how secure they felt baby was. Or if you have any other recommendations for an "easy" wrap for a short/petite frame, I'd love to hear it!

FWIW, my main concerns are something for me to wear (doesn't need to fit DH also) during the first few months with a newborn (I'll have something else for a bigger/older baby).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: xp: easy wrap for short/petite frame

• GHBEAGHBEA member
    Is there a baby wearing group in your area?  They may offer classes and show you different kinds to try on.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hadn't thought of that....good idea! I'll look into it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • GHBEAGHBEA member

It helped me decide what types I liked best.  A bonus is they showed me how to use each one I was interested so no guessing.  Good luck.

If there isn't a baby wearing group if there is a cloth diaper store ask them if they know of some where.  They seem to always have a lot of info on baby/child related things. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ok this is going to sound CRAZY, BUT I have 3 carriers.  I have a Bjorn (given to me) an Ergo and the K'Tan.  I am OBSESSED with my K'Tan.  It is the best for everyday around the house etc.  When my daughter was little it was comfy to wear her in a laying down/sling position.  Often sat at the table with her in this position to eat dinner or go out to eat.  I could also nurse her if necessary in a very modest manner.  As she got a bit bigger she would face in and I could wash dishes etc etc.  It was my go to carrier, and I barely used the others.  It was easy to take with me when i traveled etc. Being petite its probably awesome b/c you can get an appropriate size etc unlike the ergo etc.  I think every mom needs one, and I was able to compare it to the others I had.  Good luck.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"