Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Update: Almost 11month and can't put herself in a sitting position

Hey! I just wanted to give you guys and update. This morning I put my daughter on her stomach and she scooted herself across the room. This was the first time she ever went forward. She also pushed up on one knee. I decided I would call her pedi anyway. He said she is delayed with good reason. That reason being acid reflux. He said not to worry and that all babies develop at their own pace. He also said crawling usually comes within 4 weeks of  getting on one knee and that if she is not crawling at least a little in 4 weeks to bring her in and that he will refer us to PT. He said that he doesn't think PT is necessary bc she is doing all the pre-crawling things and there isn't much for them to work with her on. This made me feel so much better!  Thanks for your support!

Re: Update: Almost 11month and can't put herself in a sitting position

• imageduckfaces:
    Hey! I just wanted to give you guys and update. This morning I put my daughter on her stomach and she scooted herself across the room. This was the first time she ever went forward. She also pushed up on one knee. I decided I would call her pedi anyway. He said she is delayed with good reason. That reason being acid reflux. He said not to worry and that all babies develop at their own pace. He also said crawling usually comes within 4 weeks of  getting on one knee and that if she is not crawling at least a little in 4 weeks to bring her in and that he will refer us to PT. He said that he doesn't think PT is necessary bc she is doing all the pre-crawling things and there isn't much for them to work with her on. This made me feel so much better!  Thanks for your support!

Crawling isn't a required milestone, but, I've never heard of reflux (like reflux as the sole diagnosis) causing delays.  That actually really bothers me that he said that.  I'd, personally, get a 2nd opinion.  And, just as an FYI, you don't need your pedi's referral to seek a state EI evaluation.  Early intervention can be initiated from a  parent. 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I am so glad she is just going on your own pace :-) YEAHHH! Sounds like you have a stubborn sweetheart of a girl :-) lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the pp....you do not need a referral from your MD to get help from EI, we initiated the call because LO's MD didn't seemed concerned but my gut was telling me otherwise. But yay! for progress on your LO, I love when they do things out of the blue, the other day he took like a 4 hour nap in the morning and when he woke up he was cruising along the couch, think he was dreaming about it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD army crawled for two weeks, then crawled on her hand and knees --- that same week ---pop--- she could sit up herself.  It's coming soon!

According to the WHO milestones, 90% of kids are hands-and-knees crawling at 10.5 months.  That means 1 in 10 are not.  There are others out there!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• imageSharonB222:

My DD army crawled for two weeks, then crawled on her hand and knees --- that same week ---pop--- she could sit up herself.  It's coming soon!

According to the WHO milestones, 90% of kids are hands-and-knees crawling at 10.5 months.  That means 1 in 10 are not.  There are others out there!

Yes, but EI services, just like Special Education use 1.5-2 standard deviations below the a set baseline (IQ, development tables, or comparison to other skills).  I'm not saying she should be super worried.  But, I would say that her daughter could benefit from an evaluation just to be sure they don't think she needs services. 

My child receives EI.  So, I am not just trying to be a debbie downer.

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• My doctor said that because of her acid reflux she had limited tummy time which causes her to have underdeveloped muscles. This makes perfect sense to me. As her reflux is getting better she is still in pain at times and still spits up even being on solids. For example, after being on her tummy this morning she spit up waffles. Anyways, I think I will take my doctor's advice and wait a few weeks. She has been  belly scooting all over the house this afternoon and has even pulled herself to a standing position. Thanks for everyone's advice!
  • imageSharonB222:

My DD army crawled for two weeks, then crawled on her hand and knees --- that same week ---pop--- she could sit up herself.  It's coming soon!

MD started army crawling at 8 months and just started crawling on her knees at 10 months old. Now she flies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"