June 2012 Moms

Does anyone else's LO fight sleep?

DD has always been a pretty decent napper.  Just this week (at 10 weeks) she is fighting taking naps.  She will yawn and act tired and when I put her down she will fall asleep and be up 5 minutes later.  I have tried swaddling, music/white noise, trying to rock her to sleep, etc.  It seems as though she needs less sleep as she's getting older, but why the wake up a few minutes later??  I could really use some help if you have any ideas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does anyone else's LO fight sleep?

• ds will fights naps some days and we'll spend an entire day trying to get him down for a nap. he'll be yawning, fussy, and fall asleep at the breast or in my arms but he'll wake up 15 minutes after he goes in his crib.

the only thing i've noticed with this, is that it happens on a day after we were out all day and he didn't nap in his crib. since realizing the pattern, i've made sure to get at least 2 naps in the crib each day and we haven't had any more days of fighting his naps.

i know every baby is different, but could there be some change in schedule that's throwing things off?

• BRBR member
    That's a really good point.  We were away the weekend before last and she did well.  Things were normal for two days and then she started fighting it.  I hope she returns to normal soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've noticed with my LO that he will fight sleep for a long time and then seemingly fall asleep and if I put him down at that point he will wake up almost immediately. I have learned that if I rock him for another 2-5mins he will usually yell, then sigh really big and fall back to sleep. At that point I can lay him down and he will sleep for a good 30min to an hr nap. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby girl also fights sleep - especially if there's been an interruption in the routine. If she gets her usual naps (which can be quite long during the day - 2 to 3 hours sometimes), then she goes down both at nap time and bed time much easier. But if she hasn't gotten her naps because of a break in routine, it can take more than an hour to get her to fall asleep again at night. She's a pro at fighting sleep (which is ironic since all I want to do is hit the snooze button two or three more times). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES YES YES he hates going to sleep because he's afraid he's going to miss something.  I have no ideas for help since you've tried the same thing I try.  If you're using a pacifier have you tried putting it back in her mouth when she wakes up and gentle massage her back while making shushing sounds.  That worked for me 3 times yesterday and he ended up having a 2 hour nap.  
  • DD does lately. A change in her routine DOES seem more likely to bring this on, though, Especially if she misses her morning nap - then we have a long and fussy day of fighting naps and barely sleeping through the ones that she does have!
  • We have days where I cant get her to go down for a nap at all, and then I have days when she'll take a nap right after her bottles... 

its a struggle sometimes, but those days when she does sleep for her naps I get so much done!  

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"