December 2012 Moms

Anyone have gestational diabetes? Either now or in prior pregnancies?

The last couple of appointments the doctor has been concerned about sugar in my urine, and he may make me take the GD test early.  I'm just trying to prepare myself for the possibility, so I was wondering if there are any good websites that you like that have GD recipes.

TIA!

Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby

Re: Anyone have gestational diabetes? Either now or in prior pregnancies?

• Yo!  Right here.  Getting ready for my three hour on Thursday.  I went to a nutrition class that the doctor set me up with.  It was wonderful.  You are not on a  sugar free, carb free diet- more of a consistent carb diet.  Your body needs carbs, but you have to choose wisely.  And it seems as if you are always eating!  15g of carbs counts as one carb.  My carb sheet looked like this:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

And you are not supposed to cut any out.  I also have a cheat sheet I can send you if you'd like.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageegingras:

Yo!  Right here.  Getting ready for my three hour on Thursday.  I went to a nutrition class that the doctor set me up with.  It was wonderful.  You are not on a  sugar free, carb free diet- more of a consistent carb diet.  Your body needs carbs, but you have to choose wisely.  And it seems as if you are always eating!  15g of carbs counts as one carb.  My carb sheet looked like this:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

And you are not supposed to cut any out.  I also have a cheat sheet I can send you if you'd like.

Please follow whatever instructions YOUR doctor or nutritionist gives you. I have never seen something like above (these are not typical GD guidelines) and I have been dealing with GD a long time. This is my second pregnancy with GD. The typical guidelines are 30 carbs for EACH Bfast, lunch and dinner and 15 carbs EACH snack in between. And yes Sugar FREE or as little as possible. There is a support group that can answer alot of your questions over on the High-Risk Board so check that out after you are diagnosed. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • mlangsmlangs member
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Yo!  Right here.  Getting ready for my three hour on Thursday.  I went to a nutrition class that the doctor set me up with.  It was wonderful.  You are not on a  sugar free, carb free diet- more of a consistent carb diet.  Your body needs carbs, but you have to choose wisely.  And it seems as if you are always eating!  15g of carbs counts as one carb.  My carb sheet looked like this:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

Please follow whatever instructions YOUR doctor or nutritionist gives you. I have never seen something like above (these are not typical GD guidelines) and I have been dealing with GD a long time. This is my second pregnancy with GD. The typical guidelines are 30 carbs for EACH Bfast, lunch and dinner and 15 carbs EACH snack in between. And yes Sugar FREE or as little as possible. There is a support group that can answer alot of your questions over on the High-Risk Board so check that out after you are diagnosed. 

Heaven forbid I am not the snark police or anything, but the girl came for advice and someone offered it to her. No reason for you to jump all over that person for just trying to help. you could have put your stuff in there with out tearing someone else up... and people wonder why this board completely died!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm supposed to be the board b*tch dammit!
  • imageMrsT1108:
    I'm supposed to be the board b*tch dammit!

Hey, but have you been called a c*nt face? I think that cements MY title as the BMB BlTCH. 

2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • imageJenniatONU:

imageMrsT1108:

Hey, but have you been called a c*nt face? I think that cements MY title as the BMB BlTCH. 

Not on the board, IRL, yes.
    Does this mean I have to be more snarky and rude?

• imageMrsT1108:
    imageJenniatONU:

imageMrsT1108:

Haha. Or just call people weird for soliciting invitations to an unknown FB group.... lol. Apparently that's all it takes around here. ;-)

However, it has been rather quiet around here with the snark. I miss it. :( It seems like the alcohol baby post was forever ago....

Also, for some reason, this post makes me feel like I annoy you. I'm sorry if that's the case. If not, I must be getting weak.

*Apparently I can't spell apparently.

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • imageJenniatONU:
    imageMrsT1108:
    imageJenniatONU:

imageMrsT1108:

Haha. Or just call people weird for soliciting invitations to an unknown FB group.... lol. Apparently that's all it takes around here. ;-)

However, it has been rather quiet around here with the snark. I miss it. :( It seems like the alcohol baby post was forever ago....

Also, for some reason, this post makes me feel like I annoy you. I'm sorry if that's the case. If not, I must be getting weak.

*Apparently I can't spell apparently.

Snark is apparently frowned upon in this establishment by many.  I think this could be why the board has died.  It makes me sad, yet happy at the same time.

ETA: I have no idea how the original post I had got all f*cked up, but anywhore, no you do not annoy, I quite enjoy your company!  Why would you think that?

• Sparkpeople.com is a great resource

8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsT1108:

Snark is apparently frowned upon in this establishment by many.  I think this could be why the board has died.  It makes me sad, yet happy at the same time.

ETA: I have no idea how the original post I had got all f*cked up, but anywhore, no you do not annoy, I quite enjoy your company!  Why would you think that?

I like a healthy dose of snark. I remember when this board was not all puppies and rainbows. 

I don't know. I just started thinking back at things and trying to make connections that apparently don't make connections. lol. (I had someone make an a/e to tell me I'm a liar and I suck up to Clarissa. And then when I said you had the best labor buddy match you called me a suck up. And then I couldn't tell if you were calling me bitchy, we reminded of the both of the above posts. I think I should just take a nap. I'm trying to hard to think. Not surprising, I know.)

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • mlangsmlangs member
    imageJenniatONU:
    imageMrsT1108:

I like a healthy dose of snark. I remember when this board was not all puppies and rainbows. 

I don't know. I just started thinking back at things and trying to make connections that apparently don't make connections. lol. (I had someone make an a/e to tell me I'm a liar and I suck up to Clarissa. And then when I said you had the best labor buddy match you called me a suck up. And then I couldn't tell if you were calling me bitchy, we reminded of the both of the above posts. I think I should just take a nap. I'm trying to hard to think. Not surprising, I know.)

I have the answer she is looking for here!

Jenni doesn't get that Mrs. T is just full of awesome, and would be 100% straight forward and just call her a twatwaffle if she was being one. Jenni also listened to someone who was too scared to be honest and knows this place is supposed to be puppies and puke (sorry I mean rainbows) only... oh and she is pregnant and hormonal...lol!

• imageJenniatONU:
    imageMrsT1108:

That would just be me being having fun, nothing serious.  Laugh it off, if I really didn't like you, you'd know it.  You need to relax your brain!

• imageMrsT1108:
    imageJenniatONU:
    imageMrsT1108:

That would just be me being having fun, nothing serious.  Laugh it off, if I really didn't like you, you'd know it.  You need to relax your brain!

Oh, that's how I took it, don't worry. But for some reason today I was like "Wait.... she called me a suck up before. So did the ae... I wonder if it was her?" LMAO.

This is why we need more snark around here. I'm starting to make up my own drama. lol.

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • If I could PIP on my phone it would be "*** please I'm fabulous!"
  • mlangsmlangs member
    imageJenniatONU:

This is why we need more snark around here. I'm starting to make up my own drama. lol.

Snort!

Of course neither of you read my pithy post, so now I am mad... or something... maybe tired... wait no... mad... that's why I posted something here to begin with... I was mad!

• imagemlangs:
    imageJenniatONU:

Snort!

Of course neither of you read my pithy post, so now I am mad... or something... maybe tired... wait no... mad... that's why I posted something here to begin with... I was mad!

Actually I did read it! 

• mlangsmlangs member
    imageMrsT1108:
    imagemlangs:
    imageJenniatONU:

Snort!

Actually I did read it! 

it is too late... you have already forced me to eat mass quantities of chocolate.

ETA: Which I just realize is incredibly mean to say in This of all posts!

Hope... so sorry your thread got hijacked!

• imagemlangs:
    imageMrsT1108:
    imagemlangs:
    imageJenniatONU:

Snort!

Actually I did read it! 

it is too late... you have already forced me to eat mass quantities of chocolate.

I read it too!

Also, my post way up there should read "I didn't take it that way." I can't type lately. 

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

Heaven forbid I am not the snark police or anything, but the girl came for advice and someone offered it to her. No reason for you to jump all over that person for just trying to help. you could have put your stuff in there with out tearing someone else up... and people wonder why this board completely died!

I didn't jump all over anyone here. I gave the op the correct advice to follow her doctor and then said that the pp's numbers weren't typical for GD. There was nothing rude or snarky about it. Just informative. GD is very serious hence the high risk factor. I would not feel right about not informing someone asking for advice to do the right thing and listen to their doctor not a stranger who hasn't even been diagnosed, tested, or on the diet. 

• imageilenegrace:
    imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

I didn't jump all over anyone here. I gave the op the correct advice to follow her doctor and then said that the pp's numbers weren't typical for GD. There was nothing rude or snarky about it. Just informative. GD is very serious hence the high risk factor. I would not feel right about not informing someone asking for advice to do the right thing and listen to their doctor not a stranger who hasn't even been diagnosed, tested, or on the diet. 

Wow, that's a bit harsh and rude, don'tcha think? Are you professional nutritionist who deals with GD? What makes your information 'correct' compared to another posters' Ob's nutritionist's info?

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • I think an important part is complex carbs, brown rice, bulgar, all the grains and beans.

limiting all out bread.

imageimageimage
    weddingcountdown.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJenniatONU:
    imageilenegrace:
    imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

Wow, that's a bit harsh and rude, don'tcha think? Are you professional nutritionist who deals with GD? What makes your information 'correct' compared to another posters' Ob's nutritionist's info?

My thoughts exactly why is yours the "typical" information and hers wrong?  OB's are just like everyone else they have opinions and give them out as advice, they are usually generally in the same ballpark but most wont give the same answer for everything.

And really when more than one person calls you out on being "snarky or bitchy" at some point you have to stop and think well maybe its me. Cause for reals it was you. 

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageModernJune:
    imageJenniatONU:
    imageilenegrace:

My thoughts exactly why is yours the "typical" information and hers wrong?  OB's are just like everyone else they have opinions and give them out as advice, they are usually generally in the same ballpark but most wont give the same answer for everything.

And really when more than one person calls you out on being "snarky or bitchy" at some point you have to stop and think well maybe its me. Cause for reals it was you. 

This. Also, big girl panties are a good investment. Realize that you were 'wrong' with your 'I'm better than you' attitude, pull up the panties, and apologize for said attitude.

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • I was telling her- trying to reassure- her that GD wasn't the end of the world as far as eating went.  The diet I was on was the one prescribed by my OB's nutritionist and followed closely by the perinatal specialist.

My information was right for me.  Yours may have been different.  And I *did* say that I went through a class for this.  The cheat sheet I was referring to was from the International Diabetes Center and is called "My Food Plan for Gestational Diabetes."  And it gave the various carb exchanges. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJenniatONU:
    imageilenegrace:
    imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

Obviously you didn't understand what I was saying: which was the correct advice was to follow her doctor. You should have bolded the rest of that statement!

• imageegingras:

I was telling her- trying to reassure- her that GD wasn't the end of the world as far as eating went.  The diet I was on was the one prescribed by my OB's nutritionist and followed closely by the perinatal specialist.

My information was right for me.  Yours may have been different.  And I *did* say that I went through a class for this.  The cheat sheet I was referring to was from the International Diabetes Center and is called "My Food Plan for Gestational Diabetes."  And it gave the various carb exchanges. 

For the record I never said your information was wrong. Just different than the typical GD diet that I see from everyone else on the high risk board. I do the check in there weekly. And would be happy have you join us. Its a great support system there for any questions you have.

• imageilenegrace:
    imageJenniatONU:
    imageilenegrace:
    imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

Obviously you didn't understand what I was saying: which was the correct advice was to follow her doctor. You should have bolded the rest of that statement!

Oh, you are so right. My bad.

Or you know, not.

Also, the other poster said this was what SHE was told. I guess giving people an idea of what to expect is wrong. 

Seriously, you came off like a priss in your post, and SEVERAL people said it. There is a nice way to say "hey, remember every doctor is different.  What one is told might not be the same for you."

Vanishing twin at week 6

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

OH MY!  This is your SECOND pregnancy with GD?  You MUST be an expert.  One child and 18 weeks into your second pregnancy? HALLELUJAH, we have a GD genius in the house! 

I'm sorry, but how can you have dealt with GD for a "long time" when you are only on your second pregnancy, and only 18 weeks into it? 

BTW, you do realize you told OP to not listen to an internet stranger, but to her doctor, but then went and gave her your opinion on what the rules are?  Hate to break it to you sweetheart, but YOU are an internet stranger...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageModernJune:
    imageJenniatONU:
    imageilenegrace:
    imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

Just a FYI These are not my numbers. These are the typical numbers. Mine are special to my needs as my BG is not diet controlled and I am on meds. My numbers are considered on the very strict side so I would never tell another new GD mom to follow them or even give them out because it is dangerous. The pp's numbers are lower than anything I have even heard of so I'm sure she has special circumstances for that. So no where did I ever say the pp was wrong only stressed that the op follow what her doctor gives her.  Because seriously couldn't care less if you like how or what I said these are serious health issues that need to be taken seriously. I genuinely think the pp was trying to help. She is brand new to this and for all she knows everyone has to follow the same stuff.

• FWIW- I am *NOT* brand new to this.  I had it with DD#1 and failed my one hour this time.  So, while I am not an expert- I am not a doctor nor a nutritionist- I do know that GD is not the end of the world.  It is manageable AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ORDERS.
  • imageilenegrace:

BISH ARE YOUUUU A DOCTOR????

• imageilenegrace:
    imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

1.  YES.  You did.

2.  You gave her correct advice according to who... YOU???

3.  YES.  There was everything rude and snarky about it.  Why else would you be getting called out by multiple people? 

4.  Do you honestly think that any of us are brainless enough to NOT consult with our doctors?  This board is meant as a terms of a support group, unless they changed their name to TheBumpMD.com and I missed that memo???

5.  One of the ladies who politely answered her is NOT A STRANGER TO GD...can you read???

6.  You officially win the Twatwaffle Tuesday award.  Congratulations!!

• imageMrsLaLaBug:
    imageilenegrace:
    imagemlangs:
    imageilenegrace:
    imageegingras:

Breakfast- 2 carbs

Snack- 2 carbs

lunch 3 carbs

snack- 2 carbs

Dinner- 3 carbs

Evening snack- 2 carbs

1.  YES.  You did.

2.  You gave her correct advice according to who... YOU???

3.  YES.  There was everything rude and snarky about it.  Why else would you be getting called out by multiple people? 

4.  Do you honestly think that any of us are brainless enough to NOT consult with our doctors?  This board is meant as a terms of a support group, unless they changed their name to TheBumpMD.com and I missed that memo???

5.  One of the ladies who politely answered her is NOT A STRANGER TO GD...can you read???

6.  You officially win the Twatwaffle Tuesday award.  Congratulations!!

Yes 

• imageegingras:
    FWIW- I am *NOT* brand new to this.  I had it with DD#1 and failed my one hour this time.  So, while I am not an expert- I am not a doctor nor a nutritionist- I do know that GD is not the end of the world.  It is manageable AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S ORDERS.

Sorry I thought that my bad. Good luck on your test!

• imageilenegrace:

Just a FYI These are not my numbers. These are the typical numbers. Mine are special to my needs as my BG is not diet controlled and I am on meds. My numbers are considered on the very strict side so I would never tell another new GD mom to follow them or even give them out because it is dangerous. The pp's numbers are lower than anything I have even heard of so I'm sure she has special circumstances for that. So no where did I ever say the pp was wrong only stressed that the op follow what her doctor gives her.  Because seriously couldn't care less if you like how or what I said these are serious health issues that need to be taken seriously. I genuinely think the pp was trying to help. She is brand new to this and for all she knows everyone has to follow the same stuff.

Just an FYI, you are a b!tch. The OP was offered advice from a woman who has already been pregnant (like you, right?) and who had GD her previous pregnancy (like you, right?).

See the point I'm making? Stick it.  

• imageMrsLaLaBug:
    imageilenegrace:

BISH ARE YOUUUU A DOCTOR????

La La you are my hero....my mother fn hero 

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well fluck me to the moon, this post got interesting quick.  I miss everything.
  • imageMrsT1108:
    Well fluck me to the moon, this post got interesting quick.  I miss everything.

I WANT SUGAR!!!!!

Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • imageHopeNotLost:

imageMrsT1108:
    Well fluck me to the moon, this post got interesting quick.  I miss everything.

I WANT SUGAR!!!!!

Hope, FTW! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"