December 2011 Moms
Options

NBR: LASIK eye surgery

I've wanted to get LASIK eye surgery for a long time now. I wear glasses and litterally have tried every brand of contacts with no success. I wanted to wait until I had LO so I could see what he looked like before doing it in case something went wrong. Now that he's so active he's constantly grabbing my glasses or rubbing his face on mine and ends up smudging them. Smudged glasses drive me insane! I know a few people who have had the surgery and are very happy with the results. Has anyone here had it done?  What do you think?

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

Re: NBR: LASIK eye surgery

• Options
    I had LASIK in January 2005 on both eyes.  The procedure was quick, just a few minutes total.  They gave me some Valium when I arrived at the office and I wish they would have waited a little bit longer for it to work before doing the procedure as I was really nervous.  No pain associated with the procedure, just a strange and a bit uncomfortable pressure when they created the flaps.  Recovery was as I expected, a gritty/sandy feeling in my eyes for a few days.  The only drawback for me has been dry eyes.  Its nothing that bothers me on a daily basis or anything and its definitely gotten better as time has gone on but for a while I was using lubricating drops (non-Rx).  Also, sometimes my night vision can be a bit blurry, with some "halos" but nothing that has prevented me from driving and I don't feel unsafe driving at night either.  I do not miss glasses or contacts and LOVE being able to see first thing in the a.m. without scrambling for glasses! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Are you one and done? My eye doctor told me not to do it until I was done having children and my prescription was unchanged for 3 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it two yrs ago and I love it. I couldnt have made a better decision. It was 2200 and worth every penny. Like pp mentioned about the actual surgery and recovery, even the dry eyes. I just made sure I used drops daily. My eyes did not change after having the baby, I just had them checked in may. I bought the insurance so it wouldntmatter if it did. Good luck deciding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageiluvmylab:
    Are you one and done? My eye doctor told me not to do it until I was done having children and my prescription was unchanged for 3 years.

No. I do plan on having more children. Why do they say to wait until done?  Because your eyes can change during pregnancy?  And what is the deal with the unchanged prescription for 3 years? I feel like my eyes will always continue to get worse the older I get...

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    imagelckcdc3:

imageiluvmylab:

No. I do plan on having more children. Why do they say to wait until done?  Because your eyes can change during pregnancy?  And what is the deal with the unchanged prescription for 3 years? I feel like my eyes will always continue to get worse the older I get...

I honestly don't know, that's just what she said. I haven't looked in to having it done though, so I'm not sure of the reasons. 

• Options

I had mine done in 2005 and it. is. awesome.  I was never able to wear contacts so getting rid of my constantly smudged, sliding down my nose glasses was the best.  I have sensitive eyes anyway, and allergies, and my eyes did get more sensitive.  Totally worth it.

They want your prescription to stay the same for three years so your eyes don't change too much after surgery.  It would kind of suck to get the surgery and then have to keep getting it done every year.  Plus, that can't be good for your eyes.  Your eyes can also change during pregnancy, but that's not something I'd wait for.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had it done 4 years ago and it cost $3800 and every penny was worth it! Recovery was very quick and pain free, I do get dry eyes but I had that problem when I had contacts so no biggie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine done in 2002, I have been very happy with the results and have not had any problems.  I am all for it because I really hated wearing contacts/glasses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"