January 2013 Moms

Weight Gain?

I've been doing some reading about how much I should be gaining about now. And I'm not anywhere near that!! This is my first and the first few months I had so much morning/afternoon/night sickness I lost 10 lbs. Which my mom said was totally fine. But now I'm not gaining that much. In the past 2 months I've gained 3 lbs. So I'm still technically at a -6/-7 weight loss. Im eating enough to where I'm not hungry but not stuffing myself. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Re: Weight Gain?

• No, it's nothing to be concerned about unless you were underweight to begin with.  Even then 6-7 lbs isn't a huge loss.  It's very common to lose during first tri. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm pretty sure your doctor would let you know if they were concerned about your weight gain. I'm 16 going on 17 weeks and I've gained a total of 5 pounds (I didn't have severe m/s so I didn't loose at all). 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I can relate to this i havent had any m/s at all i gained 7lbs in the 1st tri the nxt 2wks i gained 3lbs..when i went to the doc last wk i lost 3-4 lbs so now my doc is concerned and said i have to gain at least 25-30lbs now yikes i've been trying to eat everything but i will purchase a weight scale and start tracking my weight! i at least have to gain 3-4lbs a month now but my goal is at least 5lbs a month starting tmrrw with august up until baby is due!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SEWFSEWF member
    I lost 10 pounds during the first trimester, and I never even had any m/s, just am never hungry. I don't want to eat if I'm not hungry, but it may be the only way to gain anything. I'm trying to gain it back, but really have no idea how. My doctor doesn't seem too concerned yet, so I think it's just me. I have been eating a lot of ice cream lately!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm in the same boat as you as well. I didn't have a ton of actual vomiting in the first tri, but I had enough nausea and loss of appetite to have lost 8-9lbs. I've only put on 3lb since then, so I'm still down 5lb from pre-pregnancy. Dr. said not to worry unless we get to week 24 and I'm still not above pre-pregnancy weight. My pants are getting so tight, I can't imagine that happening. I'm enjoying being able to move around easily now as I know in like 3-4 months, it might not be as easy.
  • I was the same way with my first pregnancy. I barely gained anything in the first & second tri, but when I hit third tri....oh boy, the pounds started coming. :/ but I was well within my limit, I only gained 25lbs total, but it's crazy how fast the lbs can start coming. I'm sure you're fine, and your doctor would definitely say something to you if it were something to be concerned about. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have not gained much yet and I told my mom about it today and she said on my dad's side of the family the women tend to not gain much. My Aunt only gained about 13 pounds [she's built like me - so definitely on the smaller side] and my Grandma who had 10 kids never gained more than about 20 pounds so I'm not worrying too much!
  • I live in Michigan, and due to the seasons, I generally gain/lose 10 lbs. I didn't get a chance to lose the 10 lbs this year due to pregnancy. I currently am up 2 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • I lost 20lbs with my first and 17lbs with this one the first month of pregnancy. I haven't gained anything. I wouldn't worry too much you'll gain later on :) Don't starve yourself eat good portions throughout the day :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you are concerned, speak with your doctor.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"