Parenting after a Loss
Options

Am I being unreasonable?

Feel free to tell me if I'm just being a selfish birch...

DS has a bad cold and is super crank, non sleeping baby this week. Now I have his cold and feel just awesome *snark*.

DH wants to go golfing after work Thursday-. DS is sick, I'm sick, it's 100 degrees outside and we're broke= I'll be stuck inside the house all day and night with a cranky kid by myself.

Am I being unreasonable to ask him to wait for a better week? I'm sure you can guess what opinion he and his friends have...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I being unreasonable?

• Options

Has this been planned for a while? And will he lose money if he doesn't go? 

If the answere to those is NO then there isn't a chance my DH would be going. He wouldnt even ask to go. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLoveOfMikesLife:

If the answere to those is NO then there isn't a chance my DH would be going. He wouldnt even ask to go. 

This.. if he's not losing money on this, there is absolutely no reason why he can't reschedule.. like PP said, my DH would know better than to even ask!! You are sick, you need to get well so that you can care for your son.. if you're sick and DS is sick, someone needs to be home to help take care of the both of you.. it's in your vows -- sickness and health.. nothing in there about golfing! :-P  Feel better!!!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jertiejertie member
    Yeah...DH wouldn't ask, he'd just tell the guys that this is a bad week.  You are not being an unreasonable birch (love that BTW) - he is the one being unreasonable by thinking that it's ok to leave his sick wife and child home while he's off hanging out with the guys.  He should be pitching in on the homefront.  Furthermore, if he's making you out to be the bad guy to his friends he needs to reexamine his priorities. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

No, you are not being selfish, your DH is. 

BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • Options

If he were instead going out to craft you a special gift to show you how much he loved you (and would you please watch DS even though you both are under the weather), would you still ask him to wait? Surprise

Seriously, depends on if you need the break or it you're simply reacting to his.  If you need a break, regardless of his plans --- you should request and get one.  If you're a little down and a bit envious (or there are secondary issues, the money), then I'd negotiate ---- he gets his day and you get yours.. 

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• Options
    imageLoveOfMikesLife:

If the answer to those is NO then there isn't a chance my DH would be going. He wouldnt even ask to go. 

Totally agree with this. 

• Options

imagejertie:
    he is the one being unreasonable by thinking that it's ok to leave his sick wife and child home while he's off hanging out with the guys.   

This... DS and I have had a cold for a week and DH is just now getting it and he's getting all whiny... I'm one more "wah woe is me" from telling him to suck it up... so no you're not unreasonable! I might be a little though! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"