April 2013 Moms

nuMoM2b

Has anybody else heard of this study and going to be part of it?

I found out this morning I get to be part of it.

I'm excited! That means I get 3 extra ultra sounds during the pregnancy for free :)
Can't wait to see my little monkey earlier! 

BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: nuMoM2b

• Tell me more about this nuMoM2b.  I've never heard of it but sounds awesome if you get extra free u/s!!

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart

• It's a study they are doing, where they just monitor your pregnancy, and take extra blood and urine samples; these visits are separate from your normal obgyn visits and don't replace anything they would do. And it was actually my obgyn nurse that recommended I do it.

At the end of the study, after they've monitored like 14,000 women, they are going to compare similar pregnancies, and see if they see any early signs of things that will cause premature labor, preeclampsia, and things like that if. 

It's just a study to see if they can find things in first time moms because there isn't a lot of research out there for first time mom's, there is always more for following children.

So you get an extra ultra sound in each trimester, they told me I'll get DVD's of them, and the last one will be a 3D one. It doesn't cost anything, and when they said extra ultrasounds, I was totally on game! Especially since they said there is no harm to you or the baby. :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenikkinay89:

It's a study they are doing, where they just monitor your pregnancy, and take extra blood and urine samples; these visits are separate from your normal obgyn visits and don't replace anything they would do. And it was actually my obgyn nurse that recommended I do it.

At the end of the study, after they've monitored like 14,000 women, they are going to compare similar pregnancies, and see if they see any early signs of things that will cause premature labor, preeclampsia, and things like that if. 

It's just a study to see if they can find things in first time moms because there isn't a lot of research out there for first time mom's, there is always more for following children.

So you get an extra ultra sound in each trimester, they told me I'll get DVD's of them, and the last one will be a 3D one. It doesn't cost anything, and when they said extra ultrasounds, I was totally on game! Especially since they said there is no harm to you or the baby. :)

Wow!  That sounds pretty awesome! I'd do it too!  That 3D one will be cool to see!  And just think, you'll be helping future FTM's!!

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart

• Haha I thought you were paging someone and that was their screen name.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• imageOhSewCrafty:
    Haha I thought you were paging someone and that was their screen name.

Oops! Sorry! didn't think of that when I posted it. It's just the name of the Study  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I found this about it https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01322529. It looks like you have to be a first time mom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"