September 2012 Moms
Options

Relief for Stretching/Growing Tummy

Hi Everyone,

So, yesterday started the beginning of my 9th month (Due date 9/3) and my tummy is growing! (Insert your comment, "Whose isn't, lady?") Anyway, I'm a fairly small person, just about 5'1 and only gained about 14 pounds so far. Suddenly, this belly is really, really stretching and feeling almost painful. When I sit at my desk I feel so much pressure under my boobs (top of the uterus) and it feels like the skin is literally stretching and cracking. I've tried lotion, baths, stretching, even ice packs sometimes just to relieve some of the discomfort. It even makes it hard to eat.

I've been good my entire pregnancy, I swear I have. No serious complaining, no major emotional outbursts, I've been exercising and proceeding through life as normal. So, I feel like an ass complaining about this but I have to ask if anyone has any little tricks to help with this feeling? (Aside from me popping out a kid.)

I'm sucking it up for now. If anyone has any magical advice, let me know. 

Re: Relief for Stretching/Growing Tummy

• Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

Sorry - I don't.  Just be sure you lotion up as soon as you dry off from the shower - it helps lock all that moisture in.  Drink a ton, ton TON of water and add more lotion.  I try to lotion my belly up twice a day. 

I have noticed I'm a lot less itchy this go around than I was with my son.  But that might also be due to the fact that my skin already stretched that far once.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been using grapeseed oil on my belly.  It is working wonders on any itching and stretch marks that I have.  It is supposed to help ease the stretching as well, my belly is just starting to get bad with stretching and I find I am only uncomfortable at certain times. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelzmac11:
    I have been using grapeseed oil on my belly.  It is working wonders on any itching and stretch marks that I have.  It is supposed to help ease the stretching as well, my belly is just starting to get bad with stretching and I find I am only uncomfortable at certain times. 

And I use coconut oil. Any oil that absorbs easily into the skin (grapeseed, jojoba, olive, coconut, argan) will help you, and will moisturize a lot better than lotion. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm a few days behind you and I use bio-oil and lotion to lock everything in plus I drink a ton of water.

Good luck, this past week was when I really started to feel being pregnant!  We are on the home stretch! 

• Options

Thanks for all the advice!

Where do you get grapeseed oil? Can't say I've ever looked for it. ha!

Home stretch (literally)! 

• Options
    I have found it really helps me to exfoliate my tummy everyday and then put LOTS of grape seed lotion on my belly every morning and night.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"