August 2011 Moms

Product Rave~

I just got home from grocery shopping and I got stopped 3 or 4 times by women (a couple with little babies, some without) and asked about my shopping cart cover. I absolutly love this product and wanted to share with everyone! I thought that it would be a pain in the butt, but it's not at all, super easy to set up, and then when I'm done it folds up and can be tucked into itself so I don't have to worry about having an extra bag floating around! I keep it in my car so if the need arises it's always there, and it takes up hardly any room!! Like I said, I just wanted to rave about this. And encourage anyone who doesn't have one to look into it! They are awesome, you can buckle LO right in, the one that I have has a pouch for keys, phone, and wallet so I don't have to bring in my purse, diaper bag, and the cover. I LOVE IT!

Have a GREAT Tuesday! :) <br>

Re: Product Rave~

• I hit the BOLD button. No matter what my siggy looks like, for some reason, I always lose my responses. I'm a fast scroller/reader. It helps me keep track...but if it bothers someone I can slow down. I'm also a font nut, and hate the font that all the posts are in, is there a way to change the font I see in my settings? :)
  • It's a cute cover I have one too and I think they are all pretty much the same now. I don't ever want to stop using mine.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love mine by Itzy Ritzy Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm over it.  I bought a nice one for DS1, and used it a dozen or so times before I retired it.

It's just so unnecessary.  We are a streamline kind of family.  If it doesn't serve a vital/educational purpose, it isn't worth the money.  One of those things that I bought into as a FTM that I'm not endorsing as a veteran.  If you're worried about germs, most grocery stores offer wipes at the cart corral inside the store.  

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageCrash Into Me:

It's pretty annoying, considering nobody else does it and everyone else manages to find their own posts.

I would post in web dings but then I wouldn't be able to remember what I wrote.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • imageJaysonandKristin:

I'm over it.  I bought a nice one for DS1, and used it a dozen or so times before I retired it.

It's just so unnecessary.  We are a streamline kind of family.  If it doesn't serve a vital/educational purpose, it isn't worth the money.  One of those things that I bought into as a FTM that I'm not endorsing as a veteran.  If you're worried about germs, most grocery stores offer wipes at the cart corral inside the store.  

I rarely used our cover with DS until I learned exactly how and how often shopping carts are washed, and now even the wipe isn't enough for me.  My SO works at a regional grocery chain in the corporate office.  We were talking one day about the shopping carts which is when he informed me that the carts get 'washed' once a year and they are simply stacked up (just like you find them in the store) and hosed down with a power washer.  That's it - no soap, no scrubbing nothing but a power washer.  Once I considered what is in shopping carts (raw chicken/meat, sick kids, sick people touching the handle of the cart etc), even I couldn't put DS into the cart without SOMETHING in between him and the cart.  Not to mention I didn't want to touch the handle of the cart myself. There have been multiple cases of illness including roseola in my area that was transmitted by shopping carts, my cousins daughter being one of them. 

Normally I'm totally the let the kid put it in his mouth, the dirt isn't gonna hurt mama, but with this I'm definitely in the better safe than sorry, cover that cart camp. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Still not going to agree that a cart cover is necessary.  Don't bring your kid, bring your own disinfecting wipes, wear your kid, whatever...  There are so many ways around your fears.  

Roseola is not very contagious, nor does it survive on surfaces for very long.  I know it's only one example, but I still don't think that carts are as unsafe as we all seem to make them out to be.  

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That particular picture isn't mine, but it's the same brand. I found mine at Meijer in the baby section. :)
  • imageJaysonandKristin:

Still not going to agree that a cart cover is necessary.  Don't bring your kid, bring your own disinfecting wipes, wear your kid, whatever...  There are so many ways around your fears.  

Roseola is not very contagious, nor does it survive on surfaces for very long.  I know it's only one example, but I still don't think that carts are as unsafe as we all seem to make them out to be.  

I don't consider it a 'fear', just a concern and to me a cart cover is a good 'way around' that concern.  I'm not saying that you have to agree with me, I'm just stating MY reasons for using one.  I am a SAHM and don't always have the option of not taking DS, wipes are wipes and based on my knowledge of how clean carts are I don't feel that any of them are going to disinfect the cart enough for MY taste, and as I'm 20 weeks pregnant, wearing my 25+lb 1 year old to go grocery shopping isn't really an option.  Therefore the cart cover is a good option for me. 

I wouldn't call them unsafe, we've all been using them for years and people rarely contract a serious illness from them.  But I would certainly call them unclean and I chose to not place my child in things that I consider unclean. 

Honestly I think cart covers are just like any other baby product, some moms think they are awesome and some think they are stupid.  We are all entitled to our own opinion on the matter. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"