Breastfeeding

Pump and save bags

Anyone have any cheap recs for the pump in save bags for the medela pump in style. The freezer bags are pricey...at least they are on amazon.tia
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pump and save bags

• Do you need to use them?

I froze breastmilk in these Sensible Lines milk trays, then transferred the sticks to regular freezer bags. The bonus is that the sticks fit through the top of bottles and you can put in as much or as little as you need.

• I used the Lanisoh bags, they were the least expensive I could find.  I liked that they froze flat so I put them in a gift bag with a slit at the bottom for storage/dispensing (thanks ladies here for that idea!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I ep due to poor latching. The bags are so easy to use. 
  • they are expensive.

I use the lanisoh bags because they freeze flat (the medela ones were bulky) and also since the lanisoh are flatter they thaw faster. The medela one i had took forever to thaw

• Do those also attach to the pump?
  • The Lansinoh ones can't attach to a pump so you would have to pump into a bottle and then transfer to the bag.  I know Ameda has adapters and their bags have notches so you can pump directly into the bag.  I have heard that some moms have splashing issues when pumping directly into the bag though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use Ziploc freezer bags, which are BPA free.. Much cheaper and will freeze flat too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"