3rd Trimester

Where did your DH/family get the pertussis vaccine?

DH needs to get this BADLY.  I thought he had it when our first was born, but apparently he didn't. 

DH hates doctors, doesn't even have a primary dr (don't get me started - a whole different story), so I don't know where he can just go to get one.

Maybe a patient first kid of location?  I am forcing him to get it asap, but I want to do all the work (schedule appointment, find location, etc) to prevent any issues!

TIA! 

Re: Where did your DH/family get the pertussis vaccine?

• You can get it at the clinic at CVS or Walgreens. DH got his at CVS.

CVS - https://www.minuteclinic.com/ 

Walgreens - https://takecarehealth.com/ 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Any drug store or grocery store pharmacy that offers the flu shot should also have the pertussis vaccine.  DH had his done at the grocery store before DS was born.  He had it done about 2 months before DS was due, as we were told it could take 6-8 weeks to be fully effective.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our area has it available at Walgreens and some of our grocery stores that have in-house pharmacies.  My OB will also give it to family members.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH got his at a Target Clinic.  In my area, CVS and Walgreens also have them.  When I priced them, since we needed to use our FSA to pay for DH's, Target was the least expensive.  Walgreens didn't have their prices posted online, but CVS was $100 and Target was $60. 
    my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEmbracetheday:

DH needs to get this BADLY.  I thought he had it when our first was born, but apparently he didn't. 

DH hates doctors, doesn't even have a primary dr (don't get me started - a whole different story), so I don't know where he can just go to get one.

Maybe a patient first kid of location?  I am forcing him to get it asap, but I want to do all the work (schedule appointment, find location, etc) to prevent any issues!

TIA! 

Haha, you and I are married to the same person :) My H kept promising to get it and then never did, so this time I am going to drive him over there and yank him in.

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • My SO doesn't have a primary physician either. He went to the Department of Health building and got it for $10. Walgreens also gives it here, but it's $130.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Kie310Kie310 member
    Our family doctor. My son got at the pedi's office. I would never have thought about a pharmacy!
  • The Walgreens here required a prescription, which was too much of a PITA to me.

We went to the County Department of Health. 

• kelnyckelnyc member
    DH got his at Walgreens (you can just walk in any time and get it, just like with the flu shot) and I got mine at my PCP's office.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• My husband came with me to one of my OB/GYN appointments and they gave it to him then, the same time I got mine. Worked out well.
  • You could try your County Health Administration. I know DH and I got ours for $10 each and Walgreens would have charged $64.00 out of pocket before insurance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • My DH got his as a walk in at Walgreens.  MIL got hers at Target.  DH's was free with our insurance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • I just called our County Health Dept, and told them that we were expecting a baby and they said if there is a baby due, it's free! I was excited because my husband doesn't have insurance. I get mine at the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"