September 2011 Moms
Options

JKGym

I finished Dominique Moceanu's autobiography you mentioned. 

THEY.ARE.MONSTERS.  I remember her face from the 96 olympics after she fell on vault for the first time, when she looked at Bela in shock (though, now I suppose it was sheer terror).   

And wow, just wow to everything else that poor girl had to go through so young.  I can't even imagine.  Thank you for letting me know about it, it really opened my eyes to just how manipulative that sport can be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: JKGym

• Options
    imageMs5586:

THEY.ARE.MONSTERS.  I remember her face from the 96 olympics after she fell on vault for the first time, when she looked at Bela in shock (though, now I suppose it was sheer terror).   

And wow, just wow to everything else that poor girl had to go through so young.  I can't even imagine.  Thank you for letting me know about it, it really opened my eyes to just how manipulative that sport can be.

I couldn't make it through that book. The gymnastics world was too much for me to handle.

Also, I trained with Moceanu for a summer of my off season, and it was AWESOME.

(/bragging)

• Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member
    imageMarion&Kit:
    imageMs5586:

I couldn't make it through that book. The gymnastics world was too much for me to handle.

Also, I trained with Moceanu for a summer of my off season, and it was AWESOME.

(/bragging)

Hate you Wink

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Awesome!  

Ms... Her parents were monsters too!  Unbelievable...  Every event/situation reference she made in that book, I remember it happening to her and now being able to see the other side of what really happened... Like the shock you mention after the vault in 96!  I couldn't put that book down!

Im reading Shawn's book now... 1/2 way through; it's pretty good I guess.  Nothing like Moceanus tho!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"