September 2011 Moms

Teachers

I know there are a few of us on here.

When do you go back?

Have you started working on school things (if you stopped?) 

Do you have the same teaching assignment? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teachers

• Teachers have professional week the week before Labor Day and kids start the Tuesday after LD. 

I'm starting to get organized. I'm teaching 2 new levels this year, so it should be interesting.

I'm hoping this year goes better than last year. It was terrible not starting out the year and coming back 2nd quarter to a bit of a mess. 

• I just wanted to mention - teachers, you ladies amaze me.

I'm only about three years out of HS, so I'm still unused to thinking of teachers as...you know, people. The amount of work and thought and effort you put into your students is pretty awesome, and pretty eye-opening for me.

• Loading the player...
  • I officially go back on September 1st but will probably go back a few days the last two weeks of August to set up my room.  I have started looking for ideas on line given that I have changed levels.  I have taught JK through 3rd grade and have been slotted to teach SK in the fall.  The program in Ontario has changed significantly the past few years and I am finding it a little stressful.  Other than that, looking forward to going back.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kids start after labor day, teachers the week before.  I am going to a math conference (overnight, yikes!) next week and that is usually when I start getting into school mode.  I have done nothing for school this summer, which is a first.  I have the same assignment.  I teach half time, 4th grade, math, science, and social studies.

• imageMarion&Kit:

I just wanted to mention - teachers, you ladies amaze me.

I'm only about three years out of HS, so I'm still unused to thinking of teachers as...you know, people. The amount of work and thought and effort you put into your students is pretty awesome, and pretty eye-opening for me.

Can you come talk to my students? Wink

• toriwctoriwc member
    imageGVSU-04:

I know there are a few of us on here.

When do you go back? I go August 23.  Kids come August 27

Have you started working on school things (if you stopped?) Yes and no.  I've been thinking about school a lot more lately.  But no physical work yet.  That's how I work though.  Think think think, make a list, do all at once.  G is taking A to his parents for the weekend of the 18th, so I'll be a working fiend here.

Do you have the same teaching assignment? Yes and no.  I am teaching 8th grade English, which I've taught for 14 years.  12th grade British Lit, which I taught last year for the first time, but was on maternity leave in the fall, so that'll all be new to me.  And 10th grade English.  I taught 10th Honors for ten years, but this is regular, so I am really going to have to change my pacing. My schedule SUCKS.

• imageMsGrace2003:
    I find this incredible.  Our kids start back on Thursday.  The neighboring county started yesterday.  It's not even August yet!  I'm sooo glad I don't have to go back this year!

Waahhh?! That's insane! When are they done, April? 

• I'm jealous. I go back Aug. 17th and kids come on the 22nd.

I'm teaching classes I taught before, but in a Freshman Academy format, so we'll see how that goes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I go back Aug 27. The first two days are professional development  and then the 3 others days are teacher work days. Also since I teach in a specialized program we have an extra week to meet the students. 

I went and started my classroom in June and will be taking a few more days in the next week or so to take stuff and set it out.

I am looking forward to this school year. I have been teaching jr high/high school for the past 2 years and am finally getting back to elementary. So excited.

It is bittersweet as I loved having a full year off with D. I am going to be a mess for the first bit.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"