December 2011 Moms

I LOVE BLW!

Ive been giving DD puffs, mum mums and little pieces of our food for a couple of weeks, but today was the first time I actually put her in her highchair and gave her bits of her own food to feed herself. I gave her a waffle and SHE LOVED IT! I loved it too because her highchair is in the kitchen and I was able to clean the kitchen while she was eating (while keeping a close eye on her at the same time).

Also, I was one of those mommas who was super paranoid about it and afraid of her choking. I'm a FTM and her pedi said to wait but I feel like she is ready to feed herself (mostly because she tries to attack me when I'm eating). She did gag like 3 or 4 times but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So if you are a momma on the fence, don't be nervous! It was actually kind of fun! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I LOVE BLW!

• imagealainasmom121:

Ive been giving DD puffs, mum mums and little pieces of our food for a couple of weeks, but today was the first time I actually put her in her highchair and gave her bits of her own food to feed herself. I gave her a waffle and SHE LOVED IT! I loved it too because her highchair is in the kitchen and I was able to clean the kitchen while she was eating (while keeping a close eye on her at the same time).

Also, I was one of those mommas who was super paranoid about it and afraid of her choking. I'm a FTM and her pedi said to wait but I feel like she is ready to feed herself (mostly because she tries to attack me when I'm eating). She did gag like 3 or 4 times but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So if you are a momma on the fence, don't be nervous! It was actually kind of fun! 

Congrats!! Did you cut the waffle up into small pieces? ( dumb question ) but I am trying to figure how DD can "chew" a waffle lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewychets:
    imagealainasmom121:

Congrats!! Did you cut the waffle up into small pieces? ( dumb question ) but I am trying to figure how DD can "chew" a waffle lol.

Yea, since Ive given her puffs before, I knew she could handle that size but I know people also cut them into slices about the size of a finger. I think she just gummed it until she could swallow lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagealainasmom121:
    imagewychets:
    imagealainasmom121:

Yea, since Ive given her puffs before, I knew she could handle that size but I know people also cut them into slices about the size of a finger. I think she just gummed it until she could swallow lol 

Got it! Thanks..We will be trying this:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's nice isn't it! We do a mix of BLW and pur?e. My LO loves feeding himself waffles  too! We cut them into strips about the size of my pinky finger but he does well grabbing smaller things like puffs now. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"