December 2010 Moms
Options

Aaron had his EI evaluation yesterday

He tested at 14 months for most areas and 18+ months for gross motor (he can climb stairs/ladders/jump with 2 feet off the ground.) It was what we expected for results. 

He does qualify for services, which we are going to start next week. They aren't worried about Autism, they just think he is a little behind with some things and could benefit from the help, which we agree.

Between him and Connor we should install a revolving front door with all the service providers coming in and out haha. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Aaron had his EI evaluation yesterday

• Options
    I've been considering getting Avery a verbal evaluation, mainly because my MIL has been harassing me about it. Did you need a pediatrician referral to do that? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My son tested about the same - 14 months for communication and 24 months for motor skills.  They said his social skills were a bit behind as well, but they attributed that to his delay in communication.  We just had our evaluation a few weeks ago, and should be starting services soon as well.

No - you do not need a ped referral.  You can just call your early intervention office.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I am glad it was consistent with what you were expecting, but sorry you have to deal with it at all. It's wonderful that he's getting the services he needs so early.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We had my LO tested in June and he tested at a 12 month verbal level with no other delays or autism concerns. We've been getting services for a month and there has been so much improvement already. Best thing that we could have ever done. It's cut down on so many unnecessary tantrums and he loves his "teacher".
  • Options
    I am glad there are no autism concerns! That's great that he's getting some help with his verbal skillz...(yes, I meant to put the "z" there because Aaron is so cool)
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    imagestar1123:

My son tested about the same - 14 months for communication and 24 months for motor skills.  They said his social skills were a bit behind as well, but they attributed that to his delay in communication.  We just had our evaluation a few weeks ago, and should be starting services soon as well.

No - you do not need a ped referral.  You can just call your early intervention office.  

We were given a hard time until the receptionist at EI found out that we did have a referral from our pedi and a recommendation that we see a developmental pedi. Then she scheduled us for an EI eval right away.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options

I have heard that many EI do give you a hard time in those cases. 

I currently live in a county that supposedly has amazing EI services and they are known for being so proactive and diligent.  We are moving in September to the next county over, and that is one reason I wanted to move on this now because I knew the other county would probably give us a hard time because our pedi basically said he does not need any ST.  We found out that the other county will take our evaluation and just start services for us, which we are happy with.  

• Options
    imagestar1123:

I have heard that many EI do give you a hard time in those cases. 

I currently live in a county that supposedly has amazing EI services and they are known for being so proactive and diligent.  We are moving in September to the next county over, and that is one reason I wanted to move on this now because I knew the other county would probably give us a hard time because our pedi basically said he does not need any ST.  We found out that the other county will take our evaluation and just start services for us, which we are happy with.  

We are also very fortunate to live in a state that has a great EI system and is covered by insurance!

Aaron is also going to be joining Connor in his Tuesday morning play group which will be great :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"