Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Feeding schedule questions

What is your baby's feeding schedule? Are you doing solids once a day or twice? Anyone using water? (I havent done this, but read some start incorporating it.) Are you mixing or sticking to giving one soild rather than combining 2-3?

Re: Feeding schedule questions

• our day is something like this, loosely...

wake up--nurse then bottle & food together.

playtime

nurse, nap

nurse then bottle & food together

playtime

nurse, nap

playtime

bath every other day

nurse then bottle & bed

Just so its clear Im not over feeding LOs by nursing and giving a bottle, I have a low supply so they aren't happy without a bottle of F after. Most of them time they will go 4-5hrs between meals except if they weren't into eating the solids and only took a bottle then its more like 3hrs.

I only mix with water if it needs some thinning out but you can also thin with breast milk or formula. I used to mix with formula but lately I just use water so they get more taste of the actual food.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Here's the schedule we more or less stick to:

7:00 - Bottle when she wakes up, then cereal mixed with a little fruit
    10:00 - Bottle
    12:30 - (I feed her a little earlier because of her nap at 1. All of the other meals are after naps.) Bottle, stage 2 vegetable of some sort
    3:30 - Bottle
    6:00 - Stage 2 meat, sometimes a stage 1 veg (some of the meat meals are really tiny)
    --bath--
    6:30ish - Bottle, then bed

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
    Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
    Married August 26, 2006
    TTC since June 2008
    Severe MFI
    IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
    IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
    Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagempstochlinski8:

our day is something like this, loosely...

wake up--nurse then bottle & food together.

playtime

nurse, nap

playtime

nurse, nap

playtime

bath every other day

nurse then bottle & bed

Just so its clear Im not over feeding LOs by nursing and giving a bottle, I have a low supply so they aren't happy without a bottle of F after. Most of them time they will go 4-5hrs between meals except if they weren't into eating the solids and only took a bottle then its more like 3hrs.

I only mix with water if it needs some thinning out but you can also thin with breast milk or formula. I used to mix with formula but lately I just use water so they get more taste of the actual food.

forgot to mention about mixing foods...we usually give a blend of 2 or 3 different foods like this morning I gave them mashed banana with some pureed mango. lunch will be navy beans with broccoli. It varies but I dont see why at this point they can't have a blend of foods. The only time I do a single food is when introducing a new food or if they have had apple I'll give them blueberries & apple since they have had apple with no issues. hope that all helps

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Feeding schedule (during the week while he's at daycare):

6:30: nurse

7:00: breakfast - in answer to your question about mixing, we do BLW so he eats a mixture of several solids.  This morning he had waffles and pineapple, but he wasn't interested in the pineapple.

8:00: quick nurse session before daycare (saves me from pumping as early at work and keeps him full a little longer)

8:30-5:30: at daycare.  He usually has 3-4 bottles in this period and he eats lunch there.

6:00: dinner

7:30/8pm: nurse and bedtime

We do give him a straw cup with water at meal times.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 7:00am- 5 oz formula

9:00- 1 jar fruit

11:00- 5 oz formula

1:00pm- 1 jar veggie

3:00- 5 oz formula

5:00- 1/2 jar fruit, 1/2 jar veggie

7:00- 5 oz formula 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.