TTC after 35

Super nervous...(vent & BFP mentioned)

I just feel so stupid that I didn't have an OB waiting in the background to give me betas so I can know how things are progressing in my body. I've retested each day except today, because I'm feeling such strong blood rush type symptoms, fatigue and heavy breasts, the lines look great, but I'm a total wreck! I'm sure I drove the five different doctors I called today crazy with so many questions. In the end I chose one, cancelled my annual exam and have the appt Weds morning for blood work and the whole work up. I don't know how to know if everything is ok. Sigh. 

Thanks for listening, and for any kind comments...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Super nervous...(vent & BFP mentioned)

• Good Luck on Weds - hope you get a great beta number - keep us updated.

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well congrats on the BFP!  There's no way to know if everything is OK, but chances are everything is just fine.  For me personally, with my pregnancy with DD (which occurred a few months after a miscarriage), I found it easiest to avoid the doctor and blood testing for a while.  I didn't even go in for the confirmation until 8 weeks.  I figured going in earlier wouldn't change anything, and avoiding all the poking and prodding helped me to stress less about it.  Everyone is different though, so do what you need to do to relax.  Try to enjoy the fact that you are pregnant right now!  Good luck!

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • That was my thought too, but the OB office was pretty adamant about getting my levels checked, so I guess that would be a nice reassurance. I've been working hard on being healthy.

Thank you!

• Just try and relax, I know that is easier said than done. 
  • oh man!! so exciting! I hope all is well and first tri goes by quickly with no incident!
  • Good Luck! I was on the fence this past time about the early testing, it's really a mixed bag of pros and cons, but if it provides you reassurance I think it's worth it.

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't blame you for being nervous -  I would be too.  So much of this process is out of our control and can make you feel so powerless.  Hope the BW can ease your worries a bit so you can enjoy your BFP.
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Everyone, thank you all so much for the reassurance! I just have a good feeling all will be well tomorrow, and they won't make me wait 3 days for results :-)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"