Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Shoe help

LO is 14months old and has Tiny feet. His soft sole sandals are 3-6months and still fit! I haven't been able to find any 'real' shoes any smaller than size 3 but I think he needs a 2. He isn't walking on his own yet but is getting closer everyday so we really need something to put on when out in public. Any suggestions? Brands, stores etc? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - Random Ramblings

Re: Shoe help

• what about crocs? they come in 2/3 size
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I love pedipeds for my DD.  I still have her in this type because they are very flexible.  I found that she tripped a lot in hard soled shoes especially when she was learning to walk.  (She's a pretty good walker now. . . )  These wipe up really well and are very comfortable! 

https://www.amazon.com/pediped-Originals-Adrian-Sneaker-Infant/dp/B004QLYJ6A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343699315&sr=8-1&keywords=pediped

ETA:  Check out  diapers.com to order these.  I ordered a pair of shoes and a box of diapers and got free 2-day shipping.  The pair that I ordered was too big for DD so I called the company and they sent another pair with free shipping and a return address label to send back the too big pair for free.  Her new, smaller shoes arrived the very next day.  Their customer service department is awesome!

• Loading the player...
  • DS hates wearing shoes. I saw a little kid about the same age wearing these:

https://www.shoe-socks.com/SHOE-SOCKS-1087.html

The mom said they got them at Famous Footwear, but I didn't see them online. I am going out searching for some this weekend when it is tax free shopping!

• Check out a Stride Rite store a retailer that carries them.  They carry a line, I think they are called Early Walkers.  They are soft soled and they come in small sizes.  I would definitely suggested going and having your child fitted for shoes. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• I second Stride Rite
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Robeez miini shoes were great when DS started walking. He wore them for about the first 3 or 4 months of walking. They have a very thin rubber sole with treds and are very light. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LoCarbLoCarb member

I had the same problem w/ DD1-she was in a size 2 until 20 months!  We bought her first 'walking' shoes at StrideRite-Pedi pads and they were too big at a sz 3 or 6 mo. I still bought them for her and she learned to walk in them. After that, I had to buy her shoes from Zappos.com.  They even have Converse Chucks in a sz 2.

PP mentioned sockwear or Robeez-we found some at Target (generic brand)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rimjobrimjob member

imageBabyBoyNYC:
    what about crocs? they come in 2/3 size

I second crocs.  I think they are so cute on little kids and my LO loves hers.

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• I found these cute little sandals at Old Navy and they came in small sizes that were measured by months.  I bought DS a pair and we use them pretty often.
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • My DD is almost 2 and wears a size 3, so I understand your frustration.  I've had luck finding her sneakers at Target and Payless.
  • Carters has shoes in "months" sizes...so they might have some small ones.  I saw some Carters shoes in Marshalls shoes this past weekend. 
  • I also recommend Robeez and Stride Rite. (Robeez are made by Stride Rite.) They are still soft soled, but appropriate for outdoor and use in public. My friend's daughter has super small feet and wore Robeez until 18months-ish.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • I agree with Stride Rite.

Crocs are not real shoes!

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageAnne Mommy:

DS hates wearing shoes. I saw a little kid about the same age wearing these:

https://www.shoe-socks.com/SHOE-SOCKS-1087.html

The mom said they got them at Famous Footwear, but I didn't see them online. I am going out searching for some this weekend when it is tax free shopping!

I've seen these type of shoe socks at Target.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another vote for Stride Rite.  We've had huge success with them.  They will measure your baby's feet and give you an accurate size.  They've done very well with my LO's extra wide feet.   

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"