Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Give me the lowdown on ur LO naps

My dd will nap for 15-45 minutes  about three times a day. I can't remember when they start napping longer. My baby whisperer book says she should b napping 1-2 hrs per nap. That aint happening! She is technically sttn so that's a plus!

What about you? 

Re: Give me the lowdown on ur LO naps

• that doesn't sound like much sleep at all.  DS wakes around 6, sleeps from about 7 or 8 untill 10 or 11 when I usually wake him to make sure he'll sleep when I put DD down, then he sleeps from 12-2 and again around 4-5 or 6 then around 8 for the night.  He usually wakes up once to eat then right back to sleep.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
    •  
      Did LO make this schedule on his own or do u hv any tips? My older daughter was a great sleeper and I can't remember how I did it! Or may she's just too young. 
    • Loading the player...
    • DS naps for an hour or less usually.. probably 3 times a day.  He also doesn't sleep longer than 2.5 hours at night either. Not sure if that is normal at all but he seems ok.
    • my little guy was doing the same thing! i realized i had to set my air conditioning at 75 degrees instead of 70 degrees to get those longer naps... he was cold even though i thought he was warm enough...i can't believe the difference! he is getting a good solid 2-3 hour nap in twice a day.

i figured this out because he slept AMAZINGLY at my mom's place... and her house was always a little warmer than mine.
      Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    • I usually get two 30-45min naps and a much longer 2+hr nap in the afternoon and then another short one before bed.  She gets up every few hours throughout the night.  DD gets overtired easily so I don't let her go more than 2 hours before going down.  Usually she is ready after an hour to hour and a half.  I foubd that I have to swaddle her for naps as well or she will startle herself awake.
      imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • My son is 7 weeks. He only sleeps for 3-3 1/2 hours at a time at night. After he wakes up in the morning he nurses, is awake for about an hour and then typically naps for about 2 hours. But that is the longest "nap" he takes. Throughout the day it's usually 25-45 min.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    • Our LO typically sleeps from around 2-3 hours per nap..there are usually a few times in the evening of late afternoon that she gets fussy and only sleeps and hour then wants to feed again...I am trying to establish a "morning feeding" starting today, when I am waking baby up at 7 am...whether she was just awake at 6 or not...hoping to start the beginnings of a schedule for her.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image
    • I never know how LO is going to nap day to day.  Yesterday he refused no matter how much I tried to take a nap until around noon and we got up at 8:30. He slept for close to an hour then was up again until 5 and slept until 6:30 and didn't go back to sleep until close to 11.   He's not sleeping through the night yet but he is sleeping in 3.5-4 hour stretches at night.  He's never been much of a sleeper. 
      Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "