Multiples

NMR- Need "theme" for combined 1st and 40th bday party

I am having a combined 1st and 40th bday party for my twins and hubby. It will be a couple weeks after their actual birthdays (1 day apart!), so I have about 4-5 weeks to plan. To be honest, it's going to be pretty low key, per DH's request (although I am suprising him with a 3 day getaway without the boys!). However, I'd still like to have a little theme to tie both birthday celebrations together.

Since the first year with twins is so hard, I was thinking about doing something like "still rolling" with the boys starting up the hill and DH going "over the hill", but it's missing a little pizzaz.

PLEASE help me tie these important milestones together with a unifying theme. TIA!

TTC for 3 years. Finally successful after 5 IUIs and 2 cycles of IVF. Our amazing twins were born 5 weeks early on 8/16/11. Found out April 2012 that our di/di twins are ID.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: NMR- Need "theme" for combined 1st and 40th bday party

• When my DD turned 1 three years ago, I did a "it's the big ONE" theme. maybe you could do "it's the big ONE" and "it's the big 40" theme? or maybe "ph what fun - it's the big ONE" and "oh no, it's the big 4-0".

i'd have to do a lot of thinking to come up with something else....if i do think of something i'll post again.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • what is the phrase , what is old is new again?  Maybe play off that idea?
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • mirnbmirnb member
    Not really related to your original idea but I am doing a mustache party for our boys 1st bday...could work for a man's party too...lots of good ideas on pinterest!
  • What about choosing a classic kid's story? Maybe something about staying a kid at heart-- like Peter Pan or Where the Wild Things Are?

Or just an idea because you said low-key-- what about celebrating your three amigos?  You can have a Nacho (Not your)  Ordinary Birthday Bash and serve nachos, tacos, and have a pinata? I don't know if you have a Chipotle or Qdoba in your area, but their catering is easy to handle and reasonably priced. That might save you a lot of time. 

• Thanks for the ideas!!!
    TTC for 3 years. Finally successful after 5 IUIs and 2 cycles of IVF. Our amazing twins were born 5 weeks early on 8/16/11. Found out April 2012 that our di/di twins are ID.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"