Babies: 0 - 3 Months

if you use a britax carseat?

and you like it..what model are using and why do you like it?

I'm looking for another car seat. LO hates the babytrend one that I have.

TIA! 

Re: if you use a britax carseat?

• I have a boulevard and I like it because it is easy to use.  With that being said, I think it would be a pain with a newborn to get it to recline enough for a newborn.  DD is still rear facing and it is fine for her because she has head control but we still had to use a pool noodle to get it to where it needed to be per the instructions.  I don't know if I could get it in the correct position for a newborn even though you can use it for a newborn.  Personally I would only use the bucket seat for a newborn and in my opinion they are all so similar that if your LO does not like one brand he or she will more than likely not like any other brand. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO might just had carseats in general.  Do you have a friend you could borrow one from/switch with for a few days to see if it is really the seat or if it is any seat?
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesnicksnack:
    I have a boulevard and I like it because it is easy to use.  With that being said, I think it would be a pain with a newborn to get it to recline enough for a newborn.  DD is still rear facing and it is fine for her because she has head control but we still had to use a pool noodle to get it to where it needed to be per the instructions.  I don't know if I could get it in the correct position for a newborn even though you can use it for a newborn.  Personally I would only use the bucket seat for a newborn and in my opinion they are all so similar that if your LO does not like one brand he or she will more than likely not like any other brand. 

All of this, except we have the Boulevard CS.  I would highly suggest it for when your LO is older, the CS lets you know when they are in tight enough.  I love that feature.  I actually have a Boulevard without the CS as well, but I much prefer the CS.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Boulevard and the Advocate CS 70.  They're pretty much the same seat except the Advocate has extra side cushions.

I like the seat, the one drawback is if my son is asleep in the seat, his head falls forward if he's sitting straight up.  If he's slightly slouched then his head stays put.  I don't like looking back at him while in the  passenger seat and seeing his chin resting on his chest.

I have also brought the Boulevard on a Southwest flight and it fits fine.

My daughter is 2.5, 30lbs and about 36" and she likes her seat.

• We've been using the Marathon 70 since my born was born six weeks ago. I like it - it was fairly easy to install, although I did have it inspected, and the car seat tech used the pool noodle to get the right recline angle for a newborn. We're using the foam infant positioning insert that Britax sells. DS's head does not fall forward when he's asleep in the seat. It seems to be a comfortable seat for him. I like how easy it is to adjust the harness height, that Britax allows for use of a tether rear-facing, the feel of the materials and the overall padded feel of the seat.
  • We use the chaperone. I like it, but it's a little on the large side especially with the base. But I like the safety features (ie the side impact roll bar thing on the base). I would only recommend it if you have a large vehicle. 
    Photobucket
  • We use the B-Safe carseat with the b-agile stroller. The carseat is a bit heavy but I think that is to be expected carrying around a growing infant. Otherwise I love this travel system.image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"