Adoption

Meeting with birthparents

DH and I received a call last Friday and went to meet with the birthparents of an unborn baby girl. They met with us and one other couple and we found out Sunday evening that they chose us! However, they're still not 100% that they're going the adoption route. Right now, she's at 33 weeks. Her water has broken but they're trying to hold off delivery as long as they can for the baby's health. We received an email from our SW today that they plan to ask us if we're willing to keep one of the names they give her so that she has something from them. In the grand scheme of things, that seems like such a small thing to ask, so we have no problem with it. And it did give me hope they're still leaning toward adoption. So now we just wait. For the baby's sake, we want delivery to be delayed as long as possible. But I don't know how long I can handle it! We're trying to not get too excited at this point but I'm a nervous wreck. We've been waiting to be parents for 4 years. I can't believe it may happen any day now.

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.

Re: Meeting with birthparents

• Congrats! Fingers crossed that this is your baby. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.
  • I feel you pain about the waiting and not wanting to get so exciting.  My husband and I are adoting also. The baby is due 10/18/2012. As of now everything is a go, but we still cant get happy until after the baby is born. There a big chance she may change her mind.  This is a very dissaponting stage, but what ever happens all I want is what is best for the baby.  Hang in there I hope it all works ot for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is really exciting.  I hope it works out for you!  Fingers crossed!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! That's great that they have chosen you.

I hope that they give birth to a healthy baby and that they decide to follow through with adoption. Good luck!

• IRRIRR member
    So exciting.  I can understand not wanting to get too excited.  We feel the same way but our wait is SOOO much longer.  Still 4.5 months to go.  33 weeks is early but not too early compared to some babies born, so hopefully she stays in for a week or two.  Best of luck.  Thoughts are with you and your DH.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• imageTiffany0614:
    We received an email from our SW today that they plan to ask us if we're willing to keep one of the names they give her so that she has something from them. 

That seems like a good sign to me that they're really serious about placing. It's a long grieving process, even before LO is born, for BPs. Ts&Ps for healthy baby and a healthy situation for her! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Good luck! Just pray and try to be at peace. God has a plan. That's how I got through those days. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Still can't believe that it's happened and our beautiful DS is actually sleeping right next to me. 

• I just spoke with the parents' SW. She said they're thinking they'll induce if she doesn't deliver by Sunday. But they're still not decided on the adoption. BM is for adoption, BF isn't sure. She had them do an exercise last night, writing down the pros and cons of each and she's going to walk through it with them tonight. She just doesn't think they're mentally prepared. BM thinks she can have the baby this week and take the baby with her to work after a couple days...

So this wasn't super encouraging news.

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"