Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

MMR Vaccine

So LO got her MMR vaccine the 18th at her 1yr checkup.  Thur she started running a low grade fever, than friday she had a fever, would not sit in her highchair would not let me put her down. Yesterday she broke out in a rash, acting somewhat normal and no more fever.

The reason I bring this up is she is acting different. Very moody, a fight to sit in the high chair, wont eat anything except yogurt, bananas, or bread. Refuses to drink WCM only drinking water. and she will scream at the TOP of her lungs if she is the slightest bit upset.  None of this is my DD. She use to eat everything, would always sit in her highchair, and hardly ever cried.

Is this the toddler days or is it still from the MMR vaccine?? It was like night and day. Last wed she was absolutly fine than Thur night BAM it was like Jekyll and Hyde I hope someone has a clue cause I do NOT..

Re: MMR Vaccine

• MMR can be a painful one to recover from. So if she is starting to exhibit some newer toddler behaviors it is probably being amplified by not feeling well. I had to get a tetnus/whooping cough shot in my arm not too long ago and I was so sore and could hardly use my arm for almost a week! Since thing I have a new found sympathy for DS when he has to get shots lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would call your pedi and let them know about the rash and mention the mood changes too.  I'm sure everything is fine, but they may want to know about the rash since she'll have to get that shot again.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO had her shots last week Monday including the MMR.

The pedi warned me straight up that the MMR is rough..but not right away. More like 7-10 later. He told me to watch for the crabbies, a rash, a mild fever..the works.

We got it all minus the fever, plus two teeth are popping up.

I'm going to give it until later in the week. She's not sick enough for me to worry but she's not happy either.

FYI on the rash: My pedi told me it was super common to get one, but not harmful. He said a baking soda bath is best and not to bring her back for the rash unless she had a fever that wouldn't go down because he couldn't do a thing about the rash either.

And yes, the MMR is rough. Mine doesn't take for some odd reason, so about every other year the dr. makes me redo when my blood test comes back negative for it. Even I feel icky from it for a day or two afterwards.

• LoCarbLoCarb member
    fever and rash (appearing days later) is completely normal w/ the live MMR vax-you should seen an improvement w/in a cpl days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What all PP said. The rash is normal, it is from the measal portion of the vaccine, our pedi said it could last up to a week. DS got all s/s but the rash. MMR is a live vaccine and they are hard on everyone, especially los since it is there first live one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"