Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

why is he so upset?

When we put our LO on his belly he's fine for a while and plays happily...then things turn.  He gets angry, screams, shrieks in a pitch only a dog could hear.  Yet he knows how to roll on his belly.  I've left him there for up to 10 minutes, and he just screams and cries and yells....why?   As soon as I roll him over, he's fine.  The kid knows how to roll...so roll!  Does he forget he can do it or something?  

Anniversary

Re: why is he so upset?

• Options

DD went through this as well...and I was so afraid that she just would never learn to crawl because of it! She would SCREAM when she was on her belly and even though she could roll she wouldn't.  It was something she outgrew though...and now she is desperately trying to crawl (and almost there!).

Don't worry...it will pass!

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    My DD is the same way! In fact, she would screech during tummy time when she was 2-4 months, then she became comfortable on her tummy and actually preferred being there in order to look around and play. Now that she's figured out that pushing herself/crawling is an option, she's back to screeching whenever she's on her tummy. Maybe your LO is trying to summon the strength to propel forward? I feel like that's my DD's problem, she wants to move but can't so she's yelling in irritation. She's always been a little high strung that way, though :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelorahbora:
    My DD is the same way! In fact, she would screech during tummy time when she was 2-4 months, then she became comfortable on her tummy and actually preferred being there in order to look around and play. Now that she's figured out that pushing herself/crawling is an option, she's back to screeching whenever she's on her tummy. Maybe your LO is trying to summon the strength to propel forward? I feel like that's my DD's problem, she wants to move but can't so she's yelling in irritation. She's always been a little high strung that way, though :)

Hmmmm, maybe that's it.  He's been getting on his hands & knees and rocking back and forth.  Then he lowers his stomach and does the "Upward Dog" yoga pose...our child is so advanced haha.  It's like he wants to move but hasn't figured out exactly how to get the rest of his body moving...and if he rolls over he knows he'll never go forward that way! Ah ha! 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"