May 2012 Moms

I Got A Laugher!

2mos and 1 day old, we played patty cake and got full on belly giggles. So cute! Still hates tummy time, so rolling over is going to be a challenge.

Re: I Got A Laugher!

• DH and I have been making absolute fools of ourselves trying to get a laugh. He seems so close!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oooh nice! I can't wait! How much longer was this after the social smiling started?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebabydawson:
    DH and I have been making absolute fools of ourselves trying to get a laugh. He seems so close!

Us too! She smiles and opens her mouth like she's going to laugh but just her usual jabbers and grunts come out. I can't wait for that contagious baby laughter to start.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Gavin is almost 3mo old and is also a laugher.  He will just start cracking up over nothing.  Soo cute!  Tummy time can be a challenge.  His daddy likes to do tummy time when he's making sure Gavin is awake to nurse.  Daddy is a tormentor! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Last night Leslie was laughing in her sleep! Makes me wonder what she was dreaming about. Then I guess sometime after I went to bed, and DH had her, she got the hiccups. So DH started saying 'hiccup' & then making a popping sound each time she hiccuped. I guess she'd just laugh & then hiccup again. :)
  • imagemkflower3000:
    Oooh nice! I can't wait! How much longer was this after the social smiling started?

Casual smiling, where they smile at everyone they see, he started that about 4w. Talking came about a week later. So...a month after casual smiling an talking?

• It's funny, DD belly laughs in her sleep as she's dozing off, but hasn't done it when she's awake yet.  We have gotten a few squeals of delight, though!  She hates tummy time too -- she made it exactly two minutes today before she was screaming like crazy.  I let her go another two minutes after that before I couldn't take it anymore.  It took like 5 minutes to settle her down afterwards too.  Ugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• A few weeks ago we got a big hearty baby laugh totally unexpectedly (he thought me opening our coat closet door and it squeaking was absolutely hilarious!) and DH and I both heard it which made me happy since DH missed a lot of his first few weeks of smiles because they hadn't become regular and he only gave thek to me at the beginning. The laugh brought tears to both of our eyes and then even more because we were laughing so hard at how cute it was. Since then we havent gotten another big true laugh but he is definitely trying. A lot of the times he gets super excited and happy he makes this little.sound that almost sounds like a fake cough and I think he is trying to figure out how to make the laugh happen again!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Also he often has big laughs in his sleep...i guess subconsciously he onows how to.but cant quite get it down pat while he is awake.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • How exciting!  We have smilers and squealers, and smiling with heavy breathing...so close to laughs and I cannot wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ava has been laughing for about anweek now it is the cutest thing. And she has this new thing where she pouts hahaha its hilarious her bottom lip will just pout out and her eyes will look upset if we do something she doesnt like. They get big so fast. Next week on wednsday she gets her first shots
  • imagebabyruth88:
    Ava has been laughing for about anweek now it is the cutest thing. And she has this new thing where she pouts hahaha its hilarious her bottom lip will just pout out and her eyes will look upset if we do something she doesnt like. They get big so fast. Next week on wednsday she gets her first shots

My DD has been doing this too! I try very hard not to laugh at it and hurt her feelings, but my DH can't stop himself from cracking up when she suddenly breaks into that pout. It is adorable!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"