Babies on the Brain

Baby #2 after Mirena IUD

Hi all,

DH and I were thinking about getting pregnant. DD is 13 months and I had the Mirena IUD put in, in January.  Any advice for us? Has anyone done this recently, and does it hurt/ discomfort when the IUD comes out? I only had minor discomfort when I had it put in...

Thanks all <3

Amanda

Grow. Up.
RME

Re: Baby #2 after Mirena IUD

• Welcome! I just had mine taken out two weeks ago. The first time I went in they couldn't find the stings. I went in the next day to see a different doctor and he used a different tool and was able to find it. It wasn't comfortable but it didn't hurt either. There was some cramping similar to when it went in. Good luck.

I had a "period" a few days after it came out. I would recommend temping. I'm not sure where I am at with my cycles or how long it will take to get back to normal. Temping makes me feel like I am in control of something while I wait.

• I got my mirena out 3 months ago.  My dr. told me that there is a higher rate of miscarriage 3 months after the IUD removal.  It's only slightly higher however and she heard someone get pregnant as early has 7 days after it was removed.

The removal was a piece of cake compared to the implant.  It's 2 seconds of discomfort.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for the replies!  I am obviously going to call my gyno and see when I can see him.  We weren't originally going to get pregnant this year, but my two sister in laws are pregnant AND I am feeling the pull again for a baby.  I was just wondering what you all have gone through after it came out and whether you are TTC now, or just feeling it out. 

xoxo

A

Grow. Up.
    RME
  • I had mine taken out the middle of. Febuary with no issues.  I got a period the first part of March followers by a BFP on April 6. I am currently 20 weeks pg with a baby joy.  This is ours third and final baby. We have two girls and this little boy will complete our family. Just be sure you have a normal cycle before you actively start ttcing.
  • I cannot begin to tell you all how excited I am to be on these boards again speaking about having another baby! DH was a bit hesitant at first. But seems to be really excited about this journey again.  I cannot wait to make the doctor's appointment Big Smile

Grow. Up.
    RME
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"