Pregnant after IF
Options

u/s update & talk me down

Had an u/s with the OB this morning. Everything looked great -- baby was waving its arms and legs around. But of course I'm nervous (always am!). One week ago I was measuring 9w3d and today I was measuring 10w1d. So, less than 7 days growth in 7 days. I know the measurements aren't exact, but I can't help but be freaked out that growth is slowing down and I'm heading towards another m/c. :(

So I guess what I'm asking...did anyone get wonky measurements like this around this time? I've been having weekly u/s with my RE, but now that I'm with my OB, my next u/s isn't until the NT scan in 2 weeks, which seems like a LONG time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: u/s update & talk me down

• Options

yes i did, there was a period where i had an u/s every day for 3 days and every day each baby measured something different, bigger and smaller. my nurse told me that 1mm can make a ton of difference, so if the baby moves or is curled up it can be tough.

2 weeks does seem like forever but im guessing you will get to that u/s and see a much bigger baby who looks perfect!!! hang in there mama!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I too had weekly u/s with my RE at 6, 7, 8, 9, and then my first OB u/s was at 10. After that, the LONG wait between u/s was torture. Hang in there!!

As for measurements, I remember being "behind" by a couple days at either my 2nd or 3rd u/s and then the next one was right on track. I was so worried, for the same reasons you are, but they assured me that it's an approx measurement and that even just a little bit of difference in placement of the measurement can make a huge difference!

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been in your exact situation, but my RE got 2 different measurements in one session just because she moved the wand and caught a different angle. Good luck!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Options

I haven't had that happen to me, but I am pretty sure I've read several times that babies grow at different rates the closer you get to second tri.  I can also tell you that different parts of this baby have measured at different sizes for his gestational age -- for example, at my a/s, his head measured 4 days ahead but his legs were exactly on track with my dates.  2 weeks later at my fetal echo, everything was measuring ahead by almost a week!  Things changes fast in there!  If you're supposed to be 10w3d today and the baby measured 10w1d, I wouldn't freak out.  :)

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, there were days I was measuring behind, others where I was measuring ahead. It's all a rough estimate and unless its weeks off they don't seem concerned. GL! 2 weeks is a long wait in the beginning but as you get farther along it goes by faster!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options
    The measurements I get are usually never the exact day that I am on. Sometimes they are a couple days behind or 1 day ahead. I wouldn't worry unless they are more than a week off. If you are hearing a good heartbeat then I am sure they are fine! :)
    Photobucket TTC since 1999. Unexplained Infertility. IUI#1 Oct. 12/11 - BFN IUI#2 - Nov 8 - Failed
    IUI#3 - Jan 6 IVF#1 -5/18 - stims start (225 gonal f, 75 menopur, 5 lupron) ER 5/29 - 14R, 11M, 7F. 6/1 - Transferred 2 8cell embryos (grade 1 and 2). 8dp3dt +HPT, Beta#1 - 92, Beta #2 - 174, Beta#3 - 614, Beta#4 - 2010. 6wk u/s - TWINS! Baby A 114bpm, Baby B 112 bpm Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im glad to hear all is well and im sorry you are still uneasy. I have been measuring behind my last two u/s so I am very anxious to see where we are measuring tomrorow. My nurse reassured me it is very normal to see +/- 7 days. Try and stay positive and hang in there! I am sure all is fine. We keep telling ourselves that Goober is lazy but doing just fine :) Hugs!
  • Options
    My little one has always measured behind. It is scary but try not too stress about it. One day growth difference is the machine not the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"