Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro - Joining You Here

Well, here I am.  I found out this morning in a 2nd f/u sono that our baby's heart head stopped beating since our previous week's appt.  Previous appointment had shown a slow HB (81bpm) so with the help of Dr. Evil Google I knew the risk of m/c was very high.  I was not quite 8 weeks along.  DH and I had been TTC since beginning of the year and it was our first.  In a way it's nice to no longer be in limbo and now be able to move forward.

I haven't decided yet whether to let the m/c progress naturally or to schedule a D&C...any advice here?  Thank you in advance for your advice and support.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro - Joining You Here

• I am so sorry for your loss.

With my first, I had an unplanned natural m/c the night before my d&c. It was a completely surreal experience; however, for me, it brought me a lot of peace and finality to the situation bc we were able to take our LO and bury him/her under a tree in our backyard. I know this isnt the best scenario for everyone. I still went ahead and had to the d&c the next day anyway bc I had a lot of remaining tissue.

With my most recent loss, it was a miss m/c so I never had any bleeding or sign of m/c. I had to have another d&c so they could do testing on the baby.

I'll be honest, both scenarios suck bc no one wants to be in the situation anyway. I was a little bit further along than you were so I dont know what you might see or not see if you decide to go the natural route.  If you think you'll be more traumatized by the natural m/c process, than I would say do the d&c.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Given how far along you were, I would have a D&C.  My baby measured 9w3d and I still had all my symptoms.  I had the D&C and was feeling much better the next day, both physically and emotionally.  I am sorry for your loss.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"