High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Bedrest Check-In, Monday 7/30/12

Welcome to the bedrest check-in.  We are a weekly update and GTKY group on the high risk board.  If you would like to participate, please post the following info:

Due Date, type of bedrest, green/blue/pink with name if you want, gestational age when you went on bedrest, why you went on bedrest, other high risk issues.

Our current members are:

Kadyra- EDC 11/14. Modified bedrest off and on since 12 weeks for preterm contractions and bleeding previa.

WannaBAmama- c-section planned for the week of August 20th. Strict bed rest since 29 weeks for placenta previa.

Weddedwife- due 12/21. Strict bed rest since15wks 3 days due to preterm labor & shortening cervix. I also have a marginal placenta previa.

MSUMamaof2- EDC/EDD: 1/25/13. Restricted activity, necessary activity only, pelvic rest since 10 weeks, 4 days for a subchorionic hematoma causing bleeding.

Alysam4785- Due date October 6th. Modified bed rest for bleeding/abruption and ptl.

smurray217- EDD is 9/13/12. Team purple: boy-girl twins! I'm on hospital bedrest since 30 weeks for a ruptured membrane.

amyt915- EDD is 8/23. Hospital bed rest 32w 5d for bleeding due to complete previa

kbetzner- My due date is 09/24. I am on modified bed rest since week number 20 for an incompetent cervix and I had a cerclage placed at week number 20.

AndBabyWouldMake5- EDD September 29th. Mostly modified bed rest due to Thalessemia Intermedia (a Mediterranean genetic blood disorder) and severe anemia. I was about 17w pregnant when I was taken out of work due to dizzyness, being out of breath, etc.

fatgreycat- EDC is 9/14/12 and I have been on modified bed rest due to a shortened cervix, light spotting, and contractions since 7/6/12.

pammeelala- EDC? Pelvic rest and modified bed rest for severe sciatica and ptl.

jewelamber8- EDC/EDD: 10/8/12, Type of bedrest: Modified since25 weeks, Why you went on bedrest: Low amniotic fluid and baby measuring in the 16th percentile at 25 weeks, newly diagnosed GD.

BBennett724- EDC 9/6/12. Hospitalized bedrest since 25 1/2 weeks marginal placenta previa and frequent variable decelerations. I later had an ultrasound and was diagnosed with VCI (velamentous cord insertion).

mrsd1979- EDC? Strict bed rest since 29 weeks for PTL/CI, twins.

knjzacher- Due Date: Nov 6, 2012 Strict bedrest since 18 weeks for Short cervix related to past cervical cancer and surgeries related to that.

ambrlynn8- EDD: 12/7/12. Modified Bed rest as of 18 weeks for PTL/CI.

Kriskhan- EDC? On strict bed rest, 10 minute showers and bathroom breaks since11 weeks for a sub chorionic hemhorage.

PottyMouthMommy- EDD: 08/18/12, Type of Bedrest: modified since 32 weeks, strict from 20-32 weeks because of previous preterm labour with a TAC.

denitab- EDD-11/24 (by u/s), strict bed rest, team blue/blue, 22 weeks, shortened cervix, light spotting, low placenta on one twin.

FutureMrsCurtis- EDD 1/6/13. Modified Bedrest at 14 weeks for unexplained bleeding.

Saywhut82- EDD Nov. 10. Strict bedrest since 24 weeks for CI/PTL.

SMurray217 and Amyt913 are both leaving us for the preemie board within the next week.  Good luck ladies!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for long cervices and normal AFI?s! Keep those updates coming!!!

GTKY: What?s your favorite type of cuisine and your favorite dish?

No new updates to report.  Just spotting, which isn?t new, and contractions, also not new.  My favorite type of food is probably Mexican.  Boring, but tasty.  I love chicken chimichangas.  With boatloads of sour cream!

Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Bedrest Check-In, Monday 7/30/12

• Options

Hi ladies!

So my big news is that overall my cervix has gained .5cm in 5 weeks so my OB has lifted some of my restrictions! Modified bedrest for this girl. I am allowed to go for a 30 minute walk 3x/week, I can go to dinner or a movie as well, as long as I leave if I have any pain or cramping or anything like that. I am still going to be laying down for the most part of the day, but I feel great knowing all the laying down and being isolated for the past 8 weeks has been worth it!

GTKY: What's your favorite type of cuisine and your favorite dish?

Oh man there are so many. I love Indian food and the usual causcasian fave is Butter Chicken. But I also love Pho and my fave is Rare Beef Soup. But then German food sometimes kills me, like Spatzle, which I can now make myself at home since my German FIL bought me the necessary tools. I think I'm gonna make it tonight actually...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

11/7 due date, modified to strict bed rest(on strict bed rest 7/27) since 6/29 for incompetent cervix.

On Friday, my cervix was short 2 mm; can't leave my bed or couch.

GTKY: I love Mexican, especially enchiladas!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi! My due date is 11/24, and we are team blue with twin boys! I have been on strict bedrest at home since 7/16 for shortening/softening cervix, and irritable uterus with increasing contractions with increasing Procardia. Hoping to make it at least till the boys are viable and as beyond as possible. 

Favorite cuisine is Thai, love pad thai. Favorite meal of the day is dessert, and I hope I don't have GD since one of my few daily pleasures on bedrest is frozen yogurt! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

I have an ultrasound tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to see how the little guy is growing. Last ultrasound he was 14th percentile. I was super upset last week, I'm supposed to be my sister in laws MOH in her wedding next weekend and my doctor said I can't go to the wedding :( along with upsetting my SIL it's the first time my son is a ring bearer and I'm going to miss it. So I've had a rough couple of days dealing with the fact that I'm missing the wedding. My SIL and I are super close and she's very disappointed I won't be at the wedding, but she understands. She wants me and her new nephew to be safe. The wedding is just too far (1.5 hrs) from the hospital, with my previa it's just not safe to be that far away. So I've just been crushed dealing with that situation.  I was also super annoyed with my doctor because I thought we were scheduling my C last week. Now he says let's wait until August 15th to schedule it. Ugh. I just want to know a date, have an end date in sight. His response was "well you know a general time it could be" yeah I get that but I don't want a two week window, I want a count down of the exact date I'm done with bed rest. Lol if you can't tell by my rant, I've had a rough couple of days dealing with bed rest. I'm over it and ready to be done!! 

Favorite food- theres so many, I'd have to say either Italian or Mexican!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mbitelmbitel member

Hi ladies! I am new to the board. My due date is 10/7 with twins. We are team green. On hospital bed rest since Thursday, 29 weeks, due to preterm labor, dialated 2cm, shortened cervix, and pre-e. 

GTKY- sweet and sour chicken 

• Options

Howdy ladies. Checking in today with all of my Hot bedrest honnies. :D 

I have a doc appointment on Wednesday so pray my cervix has held its 2cm length or grown. *crosses fingers*

As for my favorite type of cuisine...I would have to say Texas style BBQ. As for my favorite dish...a deliciously smoked brisket. NOM NOM. :D  

• Options

Hi sorry still on bed rest. Due date is 1-10-13. Had dr appt. and found out I tested positive for prothrombin( genetic clotting disorder) on top of having the sub chorionic hemhorage. My drs discussed putting me on blood thinners but decided that it was better not to do so at this point. So I am grateful for that however with bed rest and a clotting disorder I am slightly paranoid.  So I am drinking twice as much water and peeing every 20 minutes. I figure getting up to pee all the time will keep any clots at bay and the water will keep my blood thin. Next appt is on the sixth and I'm hoping to find out the gender. Yay!  

Gtky: I love Mexican food. Chile verde was my fav. Been craving fresh salsa and guacamole lately.

• Options

I'm still here so that's good news! My cervix measured longer (3.25) last week but changes back down to 2.4 when slight pressure was applied to my ute. I've been having some cramps & BH this week which worries me to no end. Got another checkup tomorrow so I'm just hoping things are stable!

There are 3 weeks until my loss milestone, and just under 5 until V-day so my nerves are really starting to get the best of me. I'm just hoping to coast along under the radar for the next 5 weeks so we at least have a chance.

I LOVE Thai food- panang, Tom Kha Kai soup in particular. I also love BBQ Tri tip, Indian food, and a good burger every now & then! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Morning everyone!
    I had an appt last Friday and overall it was positive. The tech measured my cervix as high as 1.3 during the u/s although it is dynamic....but I will take it!!

I'm hoping to hit a huge 32-week milestone this coming wknd! After that I will be d/c'd from the homecare program and will focus on getting to 34 weeks. 

Babies are both measuring close to 4lbs (3.15 and 3.12) so I am very happy with that too!  I am now going for weekly appointments...which I hate b/c I feel so crampy and run-down afterwards (it is the most activity that I do all week!!)

QOTW: Another vote for Thai....I love green curry, paneng and all things spicy!!  Indian food is a close second....I love all curries and soft naan to eat it with!!

• Options

Hey ladies!  I'm always so behind on posting!  Everything is going well this week.  I had an ultrasound Monday in which my AF went up from a 6 to an 8 (Whoo Hoo).  It seems to be fluctuating a lot, but I'll take an increase anytime.  I also had a High Risk appt yesterday.  The doc is still saying I'll go somewhere between 34-37 weeks.  It's hard to believe that isn't far away!!  I'll be 31 weeks on Sundsay...It's hard to think I could have a baby in a months time!! 

QTOW:  I LOVE Italian.  I could eat Fettucinni Alfredo everyday of the week.  Too bad I'm GD :(

• Options

It's Wednesday, but oh well.

I have been released back to work part-time. However, am still having contractions. The worst being every 9 minutes for 2 hours. However, it took DH an hour and half to drive from home to work to pick me up to the hospital. By that point, they weren't happening hardly any more, and I looked crazy. I've been marking down all of my contractions at work. Working on your feet while contracting, though, sucks. I usually have to stop what I'm doing and am leaning over in pain, trying to breathe in and out. Plus, my feet keep swelling and it hurts like heck, but I digest. That's normal for me.

My doctor said 5-6 contractions in an hour is fine. I've never heard this before, especially this early. I guess maybe I am a bit over panicky due to what happened, but I didn't even have BH until I was 39 weeks with DS, so give me a little break. Will start running the fetal fibronectin test every 2 weeks as of 24/25 weeks. Cervix was up to 3.1cm! Whoo!

Favorite cuisine: questionable. Being pregnant I have pretty intense cravings so it varies day by day. I would say probably Mexican as well. Favorite food: A really yummy grilled veggie burrito with sour cream, guacamole, rice and black beans. Oh yeah. I wonder what I'm craving right now...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"