LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• Saturday - Went to a bachelorette party. I've decided not to drink while A is pregnant so we both stayed sober. I've never realized how funny it is to watch people get smashed. We both had a lot more fun than anticipated.

Sunday - We had a small back yard bbq for our daughter?s birthdays. One was 6 July 18th and the other is 5 August 6th. It was a lot of fun. I got everyone together for a group picture and instead of saying "say cheese" I said "Say Amanda's Pregnant" it took a few seconds for everyone to catch on! It was great and I got a picture to remember everyone?s reactions.

Sunday night is True Blood night; we never miss it....except this time A fell asleep half way. The pregnancy fatigue is getting the best of her! lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Friday - we got take out, unpacked/organized the pieces of the kids' bunk bed, and watched the Opening Ceremonies. Well, the kids fell asleep before the countries showed up, L made it to the Ds, and I made it to the Ns. :)

Saturday - L took the kids to the gym while I stayed home and did stuff around the house and then went to go get their new mattresses. Got home and spent 3.5 hrs putting the beds together. The kids LOVE them. Someone came to pick up one of the toddler beds I had sold on Craigslist and then Sears came to deliver the elliptical machine we bought last weekend. HOLY HELL that thing is huge. It is in the bump out of our bedroom and I am not really pleased with how big it is. Oh well. Perhaps having it staring me in the face every day will guilt me into using it. Went to dinner and then home for more Olympics. I started feeling crummy.

Sunday - Slept like poo due to a sore throat and fever, but felt better after some medication so I rallied and went to breakfast and then to the outlets to use our Gymbucks (#fail.) Took Gray to urgent care since he has had a cold for 2 weeks and didn't seem to be getting better. Decided to be seen too since I still had a fever, a sore throat, and my ears hurt. No strep for either of us, but Gray had an ear infection, and I had a red throat. Went home for a nap and then to Target to get school supplies and our prescriptions. Got Chipotle for dinner and watched Mirror, Mirror. Given how crummy I felt, I stayed up way too late watching Olympics.

I slept horribly and the only reason I am here is because 1) I no longer have a fever and 2) half of our staff is out and I was scheduled to cover someone else, and the other half is new and can't cross cover yet. I was sure my boss would have a stroke if I called in. Thankfully, after some Tylenol and iced mocha, I am feeling better. :) Gray is home sick with L today.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Friday - M and I had a lazy night so no house cleaning!

Saturday - We had another lazy day with a little cleaning.  Then we went over to a friends house for a birthday dinner.  We went back to their house afterwards to watch some olympics!  They even bought me some alcohol removed wine. 

Sunday - The IL's came down to go to lunch with all of M's family.  I absolutely adore my MIL but FIL and I can butt heads very easily as we are both very outspoken and on different ends of things.  Well lunch turned into a what is the hardest thing for me to eat and lets go there as per him I will just order a veggie plate anyways so I went home and they went to eat.  I told M that I was about to loose it and she just took me home.  She was very sweet and picked me something up on the way home that she knew I would eat and she even told her Dad that was totally uncalled for and if he was going to be like that towards me he would not be welcome in our home later.  After lunch they came over to watch the olympics and ended up staying the night.

Today I finally got everyone out of the house so I could work around 9 so I am heading into work mode!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • hlkehlke member

I survived the weekend with the inlaws.  It was mostly fine once we got there.

Friday - left for Ohio.  Started looking for a motel almost as soon as we crossed the border.  All the motels/hotels in Toledo were completely full (something about the Michigan speedway), so we drove another 40 minutes down to Findlay and finally crashed at almost 2 am ET.

Saturday - Got up and drove the rest of the way to middle of nowhere Central Ohio.  Met C's parents, brother, and brother's family at a Wendy's for lunch.  Then checked into our B&B, I took a nap while C did some work.  Got ready and went to Grandma's birthday party.  It was very nice, but we were done by 9 and were like "uhhh, what now?"  So we ended up going to the one bar in the tiny town and sitting on the patio.  We were joined on the patio by a bunch of locals who were entertaining themselves by trying to get all the cars that passed to honk.  We joined in and had a really hilariously fun time.

Sunday - Went to the RV park where C's parents were staying for breakfast with them.  C and I had never seen their RV before, so they gave us the tour and we spent a couple hours with them.  I managed to enjoy myself despite how much being around them stresses me out.

On the way home and in the evening, C and I had a pretty serious conversation about where I've been at emotionally lately, and what to do about it.  It was a hard conversation, but I think it ended positively.  I have a lot to think about. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • My sister unexpectedly came home for the weekend, so that was great. We met my parents and her for brunch on Saturday morning and spent the whole time making each other laugh. The cloth diaper/fancy toys/upscale baby clothes store is across the way from the restaurant and the babies were hungry, so we stopped in there to feed the babies since they welcome nursing moms to hang out in the couch area. We spent the afternoon at my parents', mostly hanging out on the lawn. It was great. Spent a while fighting with the babies about bed.

On Sunday my dad worked and my mom and sister came over in the afternoon when they were done shopping. We watched the Olympics and played with the babies until my sister had to drive home. The babies went down very easily last night and we watched more Olympics and got some laundry done. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Pretty much the whole weekend was either Olympics or cooking or cleaning.  I love the Olympics and wish I could sit home the whole two weeks and watch.  :)   Oh, I guess we did go out to do errands/grocery shopping for a bit.  Woot, excitement.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • LV1979LV1979 member

Mostly watched the Olympics and studied for a test for credit exam I am takng in August.  DW spent a lot of time at out complex pool but I have been banned because I am having sinus surgery tomorrow...so no swimming for me.  Friday I had to go get my PPD test read for my hospital internship this year.  They have had me running thru the medical ringer to get clearance.

*2 brides-  We need to catch a coffee at some point since I will be interning so very close to where you work Smile A school buddy of mine is placed at your hospital.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • hlkehlke member
    imagethemommymonster:

If you took 80/90 and didn't stop to see me I might cry.

I thought you were in Indy!  If we had even a little more time we totally would have (I even mentioned it to C) but since we did most of our travel in the middle of the night, we figured it might not be ideal for a first time meeting. :)

We're close by though, so I totally see a meetup in our future! 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.

• imageLV1979:

*2 brides-  We need to catch a coffee at some point since I will be interning so very close to where you work Smile A school buddy of mine is placed at your hospital.

Most defintely! Depending on which department she is working with, I will meet her! :) If she is doing a medical care unit, I am doing part of their orientation not long after they arrive. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Fri: I got a call from the sitter at 11 stating she was going to urgent care sick and I needed to come get Ky....So we went shopping! Got home and Ky refused to nap after lunch. She eventually passed out on the couch and mommy got a ton of clenaing done! We ran to the mall that evening and it was different to be there solo with Ky with no agenda or planned stops other than one store. We ate ice cream and brough pretzels home to my dad.

Sat: Tumbling in the AM. Ky had a good time so we signed up. I figred if it did not work out I could always cancel after she tries it for a few months. We went home and got ready to meet my friend K for lunch. We ate at this local Mexican place...spinach enchiladas mmmmm. Then K and I took the girls to the mouse place. They had a good time and got along great. I cannot wait for our trip to IN at the end of next month! Then off to my friend's baby shower. It was weird. I had not seen most of the people in about two years and I am not a social person at all. I stopped at home to grab more diapers before meeting my friend J for a shopping trip. He went to work and Ky and I went to dinner. I dropped her off to Ann after and went home to sleep.

Sun: Up early to go get Ky and meet J for breakfast. After breakfast, I baked cupcakes and did some more cleaning before Ky's party. Ky's party was good but very different from last year and kind of emotional at times for me. All Ky understood was "birfday cake with spinkles" and her new pink bike. She was too young to really get it. I hope next year we can be civil enough to hold a joint party on neutral ground. I cleaned up after my family left and my mom and I sat outside and watched Ky play until it was itme for me to put her to bed.

I had trouble sleeping and wound up haveing crazy dreams all night. SO today has been yawn enducing and there is still a lot left...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagethemommymonster:
    imagehlke:

Friday - left for Ohio.  Started looking for a motel almost as soon as we crossed the border.  All the motels/hotels in Toledo were completely full (something about the Michigan speedway), so we drove another 40 minutes down to Findlay and finally crashed at almost 2 am ET.

Saturday - Got up and drove the rest of the way to middle of nowhere Central Ohio.  Met C's parents, brother, and brother's family at a Wendy's for lunch.  Then checked into our B&B, I took a nap while C did some work.  Got ready and went to Grandma's birthday party.  It was very nice, but we were done by 9 and were like "uhhh, what now?"  So we ended up going to the one bar in the tiny town and sitting on the patio.  We were joined on the patio by a bunch of locals who were entertaining themselves by trying to get all the cars that passed to honk.  We joined in and had a really hilariously fun time.

Sunday - Went to the RV park where C's parents were staying for breakfast with them.  C and I had never seen their RV before, so they gave us the tour and we spent a couple hours with them.  I managed to enjoy myself despite how much being around them stresses me out.

On the way home and in the evening, C and I had a pretty serious conversation about where I've been at emotionally lately, and what to do about it.  It was a hard conversation, but I think it ended positively.  I have a lot to think about. 

I practically live in central OH and she didn't stop to see me lol Stick out tongue

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Friday - sick as a dog  but prepared for the party

Sat - PARTY Time so fun I think its was fun because there were a ton of kids and so the girls got to play with kids where at the CA party it was more for adults .. 

It was amazing 

Sat Night - just lay low and appreciate all the goodness that is! Still sick as a a dog but running like a champ

Sun - Cook a crap load of PORK for our friends baby shower... 32 lbs to be exact .. and we are vegetarians so .. It was comical .. But i can cook and shred a pig good apparently ...THANK GOD for crock pots ~

and bet at 2 am 

Monday T I R E D ... and baby shower tonight I know MONDAY ????  but so excited and  Lil' is getting her MOLARS KILL ME NOW!!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • hlkehlke member
    image2mommiesinoh:
    imagethemommymonster:
    imagehlke:

I practically live in central OH and she didn't stop to see me lol Stick out tongue

Oh, you don't live here!  We were in Fredrickstown, which is near Mount Vernon, which is near Mansfield.  Point being, we were in the middle of nowhere!

Which brings me to a Midwest GTG....  I think we should try to schedule again.  Maybe I can set up a Doodle so that people across The Bump/the Board that shall not be names/Facebook can all vote in one place? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"