Toddlers: 24 Months+

Sleep (bed) Help!

We got DD in her Big Girl Bed a week ago, although she will STTN, getting her into the bed and staying there takes about 2 hours.  Then in the morning she is up at  the crack of dawn and in our room.

She has been pretty cranky too from the lack of sleep.

Anyone have any tricks to get her to stay in bed, or is it just something that will come?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep (bed) Help!

• Luckily for us, DD is not a morning person.. we just fight to get her to sleep at night. However, I have heard about people having great results when using a clock similar to this. Essentially, it uses color/light to let your child know when it is okay to leave their room. Of course, that will be a bit of a learning process too. Good luck! I hope things get better! 

Edit: Aaaaannnnd...  I just read the post below.. they are talking about a similar type clock Wink

• My daughter does the EXACT same thing!  She turned 2 in June and July 4th hopped out of her crib and never went back.  Her big girl room is the room next door.  We try to turn off all the TVs/videos from dinner and on.  We do books/puzzles quiet time stuff in her room and she's still bouncing off the walls.  We bought black out curtains and I put black trash bags (on top of blinds) on the window to block out the light.  She pulled those open and told me to, "look outside!"  Most nights she is asleep by 10 and a good night is 9.  it takes about 2 hours to put her down and she comes in our room at 5-6 am.  We noticed she is super cranky as well.  I'm not sure what to do either, but keep trying.  It's getting close to 4 weeks now. I'm very open to ANY advice other moms have.

Good luck to you, too! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Loading the player...
  • That is one reason I'm very happy DD2 hasn't climbed out of her crib yet. I will keep her in her crib forever if it makes bedtime easier.

DD1 always used to climb into our bed around 5am and go back to sleep with us. Will your DD do that? The only thing I've found that helps for bedtime is making sure the kids get enough outside time at the end of the day so that they're really tired, and following the same bedtime routine every night. If I wait too long, I end up with an overtired toddler that can't fall asleep. It's almost like a puzzle trying to time bedtime so they're tired, but not overtired.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"