June 2011 Moms

NBR: doggie moms

Dog looks like he's got some serious yellow/green discharge in his eyes.  He keeps swatting at his face with his paws.  He's also sneezed a few times.  Does this sound like pink eye?  We just took him home from the kennel yesterday so I'm thinking he caught something there.  He did have playtime with other dogs.  Luckily he's up to date with all his shots included bordetella(sp?).  I'll be taking him to the vet later this afternoon but was wondering if anyone had experience with this.  He's acting normal otherwise!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: doggie moms

• We had this with our dog once and the vet determined it was an allergy.  The vet didn't prescribe anything, but had us wipe her eyes regularly.  It went away on its own after a couple days. 

Google tells me it could be conjunctivitis too so maybe you will have to do drops or meds.  Good luck!

• We have had a similar issue.  We were prescribed an ointment. An ointment is easier than drops to give the dog. 

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • HallilHallil member
    I would suggest a trip to the vet if the discharge is colorful.
  • Thanks ladies.  Took him to the vet and after looking at my pups eyes she said it was conjunctivitis due to either an infection or allergies.  She's leaning towards allergies since its in both eyes.  Treatment is the same either way.. Ointment 3 times a day.  He should love that!  Poor doggie.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"