June 2011 Moms

No nightlight = STTN???

Sheesh.  If I would have known that this was the trick, I would have done it a long time ago!  

I'll admit it - DS is still not STTN.  Yesterday I was cleaning in his room and took the night light out - totally forgot to put it back in.  I just checked on DS to make sure he was ok - he a) never STTN and b) never sleeps this late!  Ha!  Finally gave me some time to get on here.

What about you?  Do you still use a nightlight for your LO? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No nightlight = STTN???

• Haha glad it worked!

We don't use a night light but my DD was waking up early when spring and summer came because the sun was rising earlier.  So we bough black out blinds and she's been sleeping later since.  I guess the light can really affect their sleep!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is great!!

Last night was O's first night in her new room. I thought it was going to be a disaster and it was so dark she would wake up screaming. I went in before bed and put a night light in there. Maybe she doesn't need one at all?! She made it through with no screaming. Yay for small accomplishments!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We've never used a night light.  In fact, the start of her even napping on a somewhat regular basis came when I put a big black comforter over her window!  Now we have black-out curtains which do let a small amount of light through during naps, but she sleeps in pitch black at night. 
  • I just took the nightlight out a couple days ago - it was not an immediate success, but I think it's an improvement. We're in the midst of Ferber now so we're getting close to STTN reliably, but the nightlight is probably only part of it. I just noticed when I went in there he was always scooted over to the side of his crib where the light is, pointing at it. (he loves lights). I had it in there because I didn't want to step on something when I went in there to nurse, but since I'm adamant about night weaning now, we don't need it! 
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • nfrtnynfrtny member

Never used a night light. We knew from very early on that he's extremely sensitive to light when he's trying to fall asleep. 

Im glad taking the night light out did the trick! Switching to formula at 9.5 months did the trick for us :/ my supply was totally gone, and he started STTN the night we switched  

• Her sleep machine has a blue light, but other than that it's as dark as possible.  She sleeps better in the dark.
  • There was a point after her birthday when I thought the nightlight might have been keeping her awake during her transitions at night. Never did before but I thought i'd take it away and see what happens. She then went back to STTN. If she woke and made some noise, it was very brief and not intense that we'd have to go back in there.

Not sure if that was it though but it works! Glad it worked for yours! 

• I never used a night light, but would keep the closet light on with the door shut when I was still having to go in there at night.  I don't anymore.  I found the darker the better!  Our saving grace for naps has been a "blackout curtain".  

Glad he's sleeping better!

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• We have a projector that we use on our sleep machine, but we turn it off when I go & check on them before I go to sleep. It's usually only on for a few hours.

• Em has always had a nightlight and she has slept 12-13 hours a night since 12 weeks old. She can sleep anywhere though.
  • we have enough ambient light in our neighborhood to see well enough to get around at night.  of course dd1 didn't sleep though the night until 22 months, and dd2 still wakes several times to nurse. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"