November 2011 Moms

Why AE's?

Seriously... why do people have AEs?? Are they still posting under another name too and they just don't have the balls to take responsibility for the shitty way they act? It confuses me...
Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Why AE's?

• Lol, I was just thinking about making a post like this... seriously. So sick of all the AEs that have popped up around here lately, trying to act tough when we don't even know who the hell you are. It's irritating and silly. Why would I even get hurt being insulted by an AE? Not that I have been... yet, but they don't even have enough courage to own up. As if the internet isn't already the most cowardly place to express your feelings and insult people, you have to make an AE on top of that? It wouldn't hurt my feelings to be insulted by someone who's that insecure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the way my DH's forum handles AE's. You get reported then the AE gets deleted. If you keep doing it, you get your IP blocked from creating anymore accounts and your orginal account is deleted. I wish TB would do that as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAdanessa:
    Lol, I was just thinking about making a post like this... seriously. So sick of all the AEs that have popped up around here lately, trying to act tough when we don't even know who the hell you are. It's irritating and silly. Why would I even get hurt being insulted by an AE? Not that I have been... yet, but they don't even have enough courage to own up. As if the internet isn't already the most cowardly place to express your feelings and insult people, you have to make an AE on top of that? It wouldn't hurt my feelings to be insulted by someone who's that insecure.

This!  Especially because as a group, Nov. 2011 has been fairly harmonious as far as message boards go.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you are going to have an opinion own up to it. Posting under an AE to criticize someone is cowardly.

I do understand creating one if you have something personally sensitive to talk about.

Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • imagesccalla:

imageAdanessa:
    Lol, I was just thinking about making a post like this... seriously. So sick of all the AEs that have popped up around here lately, trying to act tough when we don't even know who the hell you are. It's irritating and silly. Why would I even get hurt being insulted by an AE? Not that I have been... yet, but they don't even have enough courage to own up. As if the internet isn't already the most cowardly place to express your feelings and insult people, you have to make an AE on top of that? It wouldn't hurt my feelings to be insulted by someone who's that insecure.

This!  Especially because as a group, Nov. 2011 has been fairly harmonious as far as message boards go.  

Yes  Yep, we've all got along so well, yes there are disagreements but, luckily, everyone is always respectful about the disagreements.  All these AE's are just people who don't have the guts to speak their mind on their own and are afraid of what people may think.  It's annoying, if you can't say it as yourself, you probably shoulddn't be saying it. 

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • Dumb question, what's an AE? (I bet I've done it) and didnt know it. 
  • imagegina2433:
    Dumb question, what's an AE? (I bet I've done it) and didnt know it. 

Alter ego; when you create a secondary account to talk about flameworthy crap that you dont want to say under your own name or to just be annoying.

• Anyone that creates an AE needs a life.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageEstwd2:

Why? Because they want us to do this:

We should really be doing this:

This might be the funniest thing I have ever seen.  Ever. 

And I COMPLETELY agree with you.

• To add to my earlier comment to this thread, it isn't that I don't think that we shouldn't have differing opinions and interesting conversations, but starting drama for drama's sake just pisses me off. Why mess with a good thing? I would rather have some days be boring on our board than dumb arguments just to keep it "interesting" on here. 
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageArcadianDreams:

If you are going to have an opinion own up to it. Posting under an AE to criticize someone is cowardly.

I do understand creating one if you have something personally sensitive to talk about.

No kidding. Besides, it's the freaking internet, nobody knows who you are anyway. You don't have to run into them at the grocery store or anything.
  • It has just been seriously abnoxious... and what Arcadian said about creating one to dicuss something super personal, that I have thought about doing before just because I know of several people who lurk on here that I know IRL (and my SN is pretty obvious, it's also part of my email and my SN on several other sites)... and I wouldn't want them to know about something like that. But I never did because god it's a lot of work :(

And that's what gets me?? Why would you have 2 or more accounts... do you seriously keep track of both?? Hello no life... 

Plus I can't take anyone with an AE serious, if you don't have the kahunas to level up and stop being a coward... you aren't worth my time. And have seriously lost my respect if I ever find out who you really are.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageChan4dra04:
    imageEstwd2:

Why? Because they want us to do this:

We should really be doing this:

This might be the funniest thing I have ever seen.  Ever. 

And I COMPLETELY agree with you.

The problem is that people on TB usually end up like gif #1, and that's why people create AE's. If everyone acted like gif #2 and ignored them and didn't start 500 threads about then being big meanies, they'd have no reason to exist.

...what a conundrum this presents.... 

• Wow. People actually have time for this? I take it back, I have never done that.  Geesh  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"