May 2012 Moms
Options

Sad Vent: My sister's 2nd miscarriage

Ugh... this really sucks. Her first baby would have been due in early August, but she had a miscarriage around the holidays.  We were excited to have babies so close in age.  She waited and then also was busy with work travel before trying again.  Now she had another miscarriage the day before her birthday this week.  What a freaking crappy birthday.  I look at my sweet baby sleeping and it just makes me cry.  Life is so unfair.  I hate that there is nothing I can do, and I worry that me posting photos all the time of my baby will make her sad.

Sorry I just felt the need to vent that out anonymously on the internet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sad Vent: My sister's 2nd miscarriage

• Options

:( thats so sad.  Im so sorry for all of you.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Very sorry for your sister's loss. Will keep your family in my tgoughts.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that.  I can't even imagine how hard it is for those who go through it.  I hope she gets her sticky baby soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options

I know exactly how your sister feels.  I also had two miscarriages before my son was born.  I obviously don't know your sister, but I can say that if it were me, I would want to know that you were thinking of me and that you could be a shoulder to cry on if I wanted.  Most people don't want to upset you, so they don't talk about it, and it kind of made me feel like no one really cared.

After my second m/c, I spent a lot of time wondering if I would ever be able to carry a pregnancy to term.  I am very fortunate to have my 9 week old son rocking beside me right now Big Smile  My midwife did tell me that many of her patients who have two miscarriages go on to have perfectly healthy babies.  It's like the third time's the charm.  That was true for me and I hope it will be true for your sister, too.

• Options
    ElinJElinJ member

Thank you everyone for your kind responses.

imagestoneycakes:

I know exactly how your sister feels.  I also had two miscarriages before my son was born.  I obviously don't know your sister, but I can say that if it were me, I would want to know that you were thinking of me and that you could be a shoulder to cry on if I wanted.  Most people don't want to upset you, so they don't talk about it, and it kind of made me feel like no one really cared.

After my second m/c, I spent a lot of time wondering if I would ever be able to carry a pregnancy to term.  I am very fortunate to have my 9 week old son rocking beside me right now Big Smile  My midwife did tell me that many of her patients who have two miscarriages go on to have perfectly healthy babies.  It's like the third time's the charm.  That was true for me and I hope it will be true for your sister, too.

Thank you, this is really insightful and helpful.  I was really wondering how to proceed.  We're not super close, so I wasn't sure what kind of support to offer.  Hopefully for her, third time will be the charm, and soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"