December 2010 Moms

Yuck!!! Skunk!!!

So DH let the dog into the backyard.  It is fenced so we often let her out there without us going with her.  Well tonight she decided to corner a skunk.  All of a sudden I hear DH yelling for the dog and then he opens the back door and asks me to bring him a leash.  As soon as I walk from the living room to the back door, I can smell the skunk.

We gave her a bath with a baking soda mixture that i found online and then with her shampoo.  She doesn't smell too terribly now but our house is pretty smelly now.  Now as weird as this may sound, the smell of skunk doesn't really bother me.  DH hates it though.  Hopefully it goes away in a few days.  What a way to end the night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Yuck!!! Skunk!!!

• Oh, man!  My sis's Siberian Husky did that & it was AWFUL!  Hope the house airs out soon!
  • She is a German Shepard so lots of hair but we think it only got her face.  Still pretty bad though.  Thanks!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Eh my dogs get skunked atleast once a year- when I was pg one got skunked twice.  As long as you used the baking soda/hydrogen peroxide mixture- let it set alittle- you should be good to go- the dog might still have a lingering smell but the real danger of spreading the oils to your carpet, couch, etc.  That is what is bad.
  • That sucks! My dog did the same thing when I was pg with O, it was awful. She had a patch by her eye we couldn't get clean and she smelled for what seemed like forever.

One thing we did with the house though was set out seperate bowls of baking soda and coffee grounds in every room. It seemed to help but because the skunk spray is an oil if it touches anything it'll last for a while. I know we would get random skunk for about 3 months after. FX your house clears out the skunk smell faster than mine did.

imageimage
  • Ugh! My previous dog (passed on now) did that.the skunk got him in the face and His breath smelled horrible for months.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"