Cloth Diapering
Options

What AIOs do you recommend or not recommend?

Currently we have all pocket diapers as our main stash and just 2 AIOs.  One is a ones&twos that I like okay (inside seems a little bunchy to me) and the other is a BG Elemental which I'm not a fan of (I feel like the edges turn outward and will cause wicking if I don't turn them back inward, and the soaker is a little annoying to arrange properly).

I thought I would never get tired of stuffing pockets, but alas I have.  I will continue to use them, but with a girl on the way I now have an excuse to buy some girly color diapers and would like to make them AIOs. 

Can anyone recommend what AIOs you like and which you dislike? TIA!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: What AIOs do you recommend or not recommend?

• Options
    I really like the BG Freetime. The soaker is a little annoying to arrange, so you may not like it... It's the only AIO we have right now, so I'm excited to see what others say! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    --Formerly FamiliaGreen--
    C&D-05.28.11 Noelle Marie-03.12.12 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    love our freetimes. planning to sell or give away the two thirsties duos i have, since they leak every time, even with a hemp doubler.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I LOVE our BG Freetime and Elementals.  They work really well for us and have such a good fit on my daughter.

I also have a bunch of Grovia's which worked for us at the beginning, but now they are not absorbent enough for my daughter - even with the extra snap-in liner. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Love GroVia and Tots Bots. Hate Thirsties. Have only tried those 3 AIOs.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options

imagelageorgiapaperie:
    Love GroVia and Tots Bots. Hate Thirsties. Have only tried those 3 AIOs.

I only have thirsties AIOs and I hate them as well. They are not nearly absorbent enough. I only have pockets otherwise. 

• Options
    My Stash is pretty much AIO's (with a few pockets) and I love them all. But in order I recommend Tots Bots, Freetimes, Thirsties Duo AIO, then Imagines... I love them all but that's going from most favorite to less favorite :) haaha
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I love BG Elemental and Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0.  I only have one Tots Bots, but it's nice.

I'm only "meh" about BG Freetime.

I hated Thirsties AIO, they always leaked.

• Options

Like you, I don't like the BG elementals for the same reason. I only have one in my stash and only use it if I absolutely have to.

I LOVE grovia. They make up most of my stash, and I have no complaints. They are trim, organic cotton, they dry fast, hold everything in, and they have adorable patterns. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BLM10BLM10 member
    We LOVE the Thirsties AIO... it's our overnight diaper. :)
  • Options
    I really like the Grovia AIO because it is very trim on my son, but I don't know if there will be room for extra absorbency when he gets bigger. Tots Bots are nice because they have the attached insert and a pocket for extra stuffing, the best of both worlds!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I can't say enough good things about Swaddlebees. The birdseye cotton dries really fast and is very absorbent, and they don't leak.
  • Options
    tots bots are my favorite, followed by grovia, and BG elementals. My least favorites are the BG freetime and the thirsties
  • Options
    I love the BG Freetime and Swaddlebees OS simplex. I wished I knew of Swaddlebees sooner, I would've bought more of those they're so nice!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    BG Elementals are the absolute favourites around here. I also like Tots Bots Easy Fits (if you prefer aplix) and BG Freetimes, although not nearly as much as the BGEs.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    Tots Bots all the way! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

Haven't tried many AIOs, but the Imagine ones are quite nice. I love that they have natural fibres against DDs bum and I love how affordable they are! 

They do seem to run a bit small though... 

• Options
    Our favorite is the tots bots but it's a tongue style that you have to stuff kind of. I like it because you can increase absorbency. We also love the freetime BUT LO is sensitive to suede cloth so we have to line them all. They are really durable, trim, absorbent and you can add a layer of hemp for increased absorbency. We like the Grovia AIO also, but I felt that it got wear holes too fast. We used them for about 5 times before they started getting holes.
  • Options

I use Thirsties exclusively.  There are things I love about their AIO's (we don't have the leak issues others have had), but there are things that could be fixed.  Some people have a leak issue because the attached soaker doesn't extend all the way to the tops (because of the unsnappable nature).  It can be added to from either end, which is great - we stuff with a hemp or Duo insert and it's super absorbent for us, even with DD as a heavy wetter.  They don't have the double leg gussets though, and I'm unhappy about that.  That is one of the best things about Thirsties, imo, so why they left it off is beyond me.  I think some people have had leak problems there as well.  They can take awhile to dry, even with the tunnel - but that may be any AIO, really.

PS - anyone looking to destash Thirsties AIO's, PM me.  I'd be willing to take them off your hands!

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

My Blog

• Options

Swaddlebees Simplex, grovia, and BG freetime.

I love that the SB simplex OS has the option for stay dry or natural fibers against the bum.  I also really like the sized version- sometimes I change my LO standing up and I can pre-snap the sides and just pull them up.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    We really love out Thirsties! never had a leak! =)
  • Options

I don't have many AIOs, and they are mostly BGE.  I do like the BGEs, but have the same complaints you do.

I also have a BG Freetime and a Tots Bots, and I wouldn't recommend either.  The Freetime isn't absorbant enough for my 8 month old DD, and the Tots Bots rise snaps suck and always pop open on me.

• Options
    I hated our grovias. I love our sized swaddlebees, our thirties duos (which never leak), and kissaluvs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"