Blended Families
Options

Books for Preteen "Big Sister-to-Be"

My husband and I are TTC, and I am starting to brainstorm ways to tell my stepdaughter we are pregnant, when that time comes. I really want to make this fun and exciting for her!

My first question is, does anyone on know of any books on becoming a big sister for an 11-12 year old, particularly a comical take on it? All the books I am finding are for young children.

Also, I would love any cute ideas/stories on how you announced your pregnancy to your older children/step-children. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Books for Preteen "Big Sister-to-Be"

• Options
    I don't know about any books, but when we told SDs (9 & 10 at the time), DH said he had a surprise for them and pulled out a pair of baby socks from behind his back.  They lit up like Christmas trees :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When we told the kids about the pregnancy, we got them each shirts that said "Big Bro" (for my son who was 12 at the time) and "Guess who's going to be a big sister" for the girls (8 and 6).  We wrapped the shirts and had the kids open them at the same time.  They were all really excited and immediately put their new shirts on.  I think as long as you make the announcement fun, it lowers the anxiety kids might initially feel about a new baby.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"