Health & Exercise

Anyone eat gluten free?

Dr. suggested trying to cut out gluten from my diet to see if it helps my long migraine battle.  I don't really know where to even begin, does anyone have helpful tips, books or websites.  Anything would be greatly appreciated
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone eat gluten free?

• My husband went gluten free about 6 months ago. His doctor suggested it based on his history of IBS symptoms and general sluggishness. It has made a HUGE difference. He said he never knew he could feel so good.

We didn't really read any books or websites, but we did ask a lot of gluten free people for advice. What really helped us was finding a good local gluten free bakery and talking to them about their experience. I see you're from Naperville. We're from Joliet and have spent a lot of time at OMG...It's Gluten Free in Tinley Park. We told them we were beginners and they gave us a whole gluten free tutorial. It was amazing.

Now, we have decided to move on to the Paleo diet. It is a meat and veggie based diet that cuts out all grains and a lot of carbs. It is naturally gluten free, but a bit extreme if you're not looking for that kind of lifestyle.

There really are a lot of options for you. We ate pasta, cookies, pizza, and even brownies. There are a lot of options out there for gluten free people now.

However, I will tell you this. If you are intolerant it will be hell on you to cheat. The longer you are without gluten, the harder it will be to sneak a treat in. My husband just went through a full week of stomach cramps and flu like symptoms after eating a few brownies on vacation. But, like I said, he's never felt better...when he doesn't cheat.

Good luck! If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Yes.

Do you have access to a trader's joes or whole foods?  They sell such a huge variety of GF foods, like pastas, baked goods, pretzels, just about anything you can think of.

It is probably going to be easier than you think!

• Loading the player...
  • It is extremely simple.  Don't eat anything with gluten in it.  If it has flour, barley or rye or any derivatives, eliminate it from your diet.

I made it more complicated than I needed to in the beginning and had an overwhelmed sort of feeling.  But, I just jumped in as simply as possible.

I don't recommend using any of the GF products.  Just don't eat that kind of stuff.  You don't NEED pasta, bread, etc.  There ARE SO MANY foods out there that you CAN eat, I would just focus on that rather than what you shouldn't eat.  

Good luck.  I found the transition incredibly easy, even for our 11 month old. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Check out this website for great recipes and ideas:

https://www.elanaspantry.com/

This is my favorite source for paleo/gf treats like brownies and cookies. She uses a lot of almond flour/meal and very few strange, chemical ingredients which I appreciate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd recommend reading the book "Wheat Belly."

We went glutenfree 2 months ago. It has helped with my reflux and my husbands stomach issues and sleep issues. Now if we "cheat" we feel like crap, can't sleep, get heartburn, etc. Glutenfree is the way to be!

Feel free to check my blog for recipes. It's happydauts.blogspot.com
  • Going gluten-free is easier than you would think. There?s a variety of GF products available in your local supermarket and online. My favorite is Gluten Free Palace. They have GF products (all the good brands), Gluten Free Recipes and you?ll find some books as well to help you along!

https://www.glutenfreepalace.com/Gluten-Free-Recipes-s/302.htm 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"