August 2011 Moms

How long should I wait before asking for my maternity clothes back?

I lent a friend of mine my maternity clothes. Her baby is almost a month old. I haven't seen her in person since the baby's been born, we were out of town and the they've had family in town. By FB pics, it looks like she's back in normal clothes. Is it too early to ask for them back? She hasn't offered to bring them back.

We are TTC and I'm hoping I need them really soon. 

Re: How long should I wait before asking for my maternity clothes back?

• I would ask for them back now before they get lost or given to someone else. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would wait another month. She may still be using some things- I know I was at 1 month postpartum. Even if you get pregnant in the next month or two, you most likely won't need your maternity clothes just yet. But if you're 88 weeks pregnant, you may need them back ASAP. Yikes, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEmSue412:
    I would wait another month. She may still be using some things- I know I was at 1 month postpartum. Even if you get pregnant in the next month or two, you most likely won't need your maternity clothes just yet. But if you're 88 weeks pregnant, you may need them back ASAP. Yikes, lol.

I luled at this, hahaha! I didn't even notice her sig. 

You could always give a gentle reminder that you would like them back in the next month of two.  

• are you letting people know you are trying? If so next time you talk to her slip in a like "I hope I get pregnant soon, I can't wait to have a sweet little newborn like this one again."  If not maybe mention some thing a little more hidden like "I bet your glad to be back in your own clothes again and out of that maternity stuff"
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageEmSue412:
    I would wait another month. She may still be using some things- I know I was at 1 month postpartum. Even if you get pregnant in the next month or two, you most likely won't need your maternity clothes just yet. But if you're 88 weeks pregnant, you may need them back ASAP. Yikes, lol.

Yea I agree, I would wait to mention anything.  It's only been a month.  Give her another month and then casually mention it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imagecountrywed:
    are you letting people know you are trying? If so next time you talk to her slip in a like "I hope I get pregnant soon, I can't wait to have a sweet little newborn like this one again."  If not maybe mention some thing a little more hidden like "I bet your glad to be back in your own clothes again and out of that maternity stuff"

Honestly, I am not telling anyone we are TTC.  Because of a previous miscarriage and other issues, we prefer to keep it to ourselves. 

• I would wait, especially since you haven't seen her and the baby yet.  I remember the first month was such a blur day-to-day, the last thing on my mind was returning borrowed things to friends and family.  Now, if it was three months since she had given birth, and you had seen her on several occasions and she didn't say anything about returning them, I think it's fine to ask. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I say when you see her mention it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I agree with PPs-I'd give it a few more weeks. If you don't want her to know you're TTC, maybe throw in a "I know someone else who could use a few pieces and I'd like to have them available for her" and don't mention that it's you Wink

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"