Cloth Diapering

Debating Cloth Diapering

What are the best covers to use for all in ones?

Re: Debating Cloth Diapering

• Thanks I worded this wrong see I need serious help.  I meant what are the best all in ones to use ;)
  • Depends on your budget, whether you prefer natural vs. artificial fiber, snaps vs aplix, etc.

Perhaps you could look for a trial that allows you to try different brands? 

ETA: my favorites are the Swaddlebees Simplex. I have one of the sized 2.0s and one OS. They dry faster than some other AIOs, and the OS is set up so that if you want fleece next to your baby's bottom all you have to do is flip the insert out. The sleeve design also lets you add a doubler like a pocket, but I change DS so frequently that I haven't needed to. 

The BG AIOs are nicely made but take a long time to dry. The Elementals especially. Maybe if we lived in a drier climate ...

• Loading the player...
  • I like both the BumGenius Elemental and the Freetime.  The BGE is made with natural fibers, the Freetime is microfiber and therefore less expensive.

LOVE the Swaddlebees Simplex.  I have not tried the new Onesize, but the sized ones are wonderful and very trim.

I also like the Ones and Twos AIO, but they run small.  It still fits my 2 year old, but unless he potty trains soon it's not going to last until he does.

Not a fan of the Thirsties.  Just doesn't fit him well and the absorbancy is not enough for my toddler.

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • LOVE my Swaddlebees OS... I have TotsBots and Bum Genius Freetime both of which I really like... but the Swaddlebees is by far my favorite.  It dries faster, has the staydry option, great fit, and the PUL seems to be of a much higher quality. It has a pocket that you can add more absorbancy to if you need it. The only problem is that they are much more expensive... about 28$ so I only have 4 of them...

Also look into pockets... they are easy to stuff and work like an All-in-one when they have been stuffed. You can get some reasonably priced.  I like my Bum Genius 4.0s... with the sale they had recently they were about 17$ cdn... China brands are even cheaper...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone I've not heard of Swaddlebees before. Do you use the one size fits all?
  • Mine are OS...lots of people use the Simplex 2.0... but I didn't want to have to re-buy diapers later on down the road...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"