Pre-School and Daycare

Which toys have held their appeal? (Thinking of the holidays already...)

I always marvel over these two toys that we have had for a long time that both my kids still play with on almost a daily basis.

One is this Critter Clinic that DD#1 got for her 2nd birthday (Sold at target):

The other is this that DD#2 got for her first birthday, My 4 year old loves to play with it too!

Fisher Price Zoo (they have a new version now)

We have had this for 2 years and they both love it too:

Melissa and Doug Play cookie set.

So with all the stores having their summer clearance, which toys have held their appeal for your LO?

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Which toys have held their appeal? (Thinking of the holidays already...)

• GeoTrax train and Cars 2 tracks/sets. DS loves them he needs help setting up the tracks but loves the different layouts we can do and how the 2 can intersect. Also we have added on with new track sets. Also his play kitchen and food.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The toy kitchen and play food.  She's had that since she was 2 and still plays with it on a daily basis.  Her little wooden stacking blocks.  Her doctor's kit.  Really anything imagination-based.  I swear the girl spends 85% of her day in an imaginary world.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecjcouple:
    I actually find by rearranging the toy room every month they play with toys like they are new all over again. ;)

I do that too! I am obsessed with rearranging. I like change.  But these toys are always searched for and played with no matter what. Especially the critter clinic. I might get a second one because the both love it so much but they are learning to take turns from it!

My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemavs_girl07:
    The toy kitchen and play food.  She's had that since she was 2 and still plays with it on a daily basis.  Her little wooden stacking blocks.  Her doctor's kit.  Really anything imagination-based.  I swear the girl spends 85% of her day in an imaginary world.

Sounds like my oldest girl! She is always in her own head. Even if she has no toys (in the car seat, shopping etc) she would play with her hands by making them little people/animals from the time she was 2.

• Critter clinic is a hit in our house too. DS also likes his play kitchen and cooks me dinner regularly.

babies

• imageDTNZ4Ever:
    GeoTrax train and Cars 2 tracks/sets. DS loves them he needs help setting up the tracks but loves the different layouts we can do and how the 2 can intersect. Also we have added on with new track sets. Also his play kitchen and food.

Completely agree with the GeoTrax. We got my 5 year old son his first set when he was 2 and he's played with it everyday since then. Three years later and he can build more elaborate tracks than I can, and my 2 year old creates his own (simpler) tracks. Great, great toy!

Hawaii
  • Our M&D cutting food was huge with DS for years but recently outgrown. Th play food more than the kitchen, unit blocks (DD likes too)are probably the biggest for DS and we now have 3 sets and might add wooden dominoes or marbles to that for Christmas.  DS' Duplo are a hit with both kids and he has tons of the small sets to add more animals, people and vehicles, the Doctor kit from Target was huge for years too. Cozy Coupe and plastic trike for backyard are still used. And DD loves her dolls and stroller and hhigh hair 

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • This is a great post, so many toys end up in the bin after just a few uses, it drives me crazy. I have just bookmarked some of these toy ideas for the holidays.

I second the Melissa and Doug cookie set, I bought it for my son when he was 2, he is 4 now, with a 2 yr old sister and they both still play with it all the time. It is also a big hit with kids visiting, everyone wants to "make" and serve these cookies.

Someone also mentioned the Target Doctor's kit, my kids love it, we've had it for a few yrs now. I really like "B" namebrand toys at Target, so I will check out the Little Critters doctor kit. 

• The toys in our house that get played with daily are our play kitchen, trampoline and crash mat, tent, slide (inside our playroom) and an indoor bike (and a plasma car).

Other than that my kids love non toys like couch cushions, pillows, and food boxes to play store.

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Littlest pet shops. My 8 year old started playing with these when she was 3. She still play with them.

Thomas the train. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thomas the train Train Set.

So worth every penny!  The wonderful thing about this set is that you can by expansion sets, more trains, little addons...there is a whole section in TRU just for this set.  He's been playing with this since he was 2...never tires of it! 

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"