Babies: 9 - 12 Months

worse sleep after switching to WCM?

We've made the transition to mostly WCM in DS's bottles over the last 2 days. And both of the last 2 nights he's woken up at 1 or 2AM screaming. We caved and gave him a bottle the first night (stupid, I know), but didn't last night.

Is it usual for the transition to make them hungrier, or wake up at all hours? TIA!

Re: worse sleep after switching to WCM?

• How much are you giving him a day? How much did you start with (a day)? 

My first thought is that he's getting too much and maybe too fast. WCM is not supposed to replace formula/BM, solids are. I'm not sure what the max WCM is for one day, but I think it's around 16oz. Plus, if you gave him a lot right from the start, it's probably hard on his tummy. 

Try a more gradual transition. I started by offering DS about 2oz with dinner, then another 2oz with lunch a few days later. I now offer it at lunch and dinner and let him drink more than 2oz if he wants. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Sounds like his body may not be ready for so much.  He could be having tummy problems with gas.  DD experienced that when the doc said to try at 11 months.  We stopped and reintroduced it at about 15 months and she was fine.  Your LO can get calcium in other forms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"